Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES are all right for running (Read 249 times)

LRB

that sucks Boon.  hope you're alright...maybe it's just a tweak.

YAYpril - B-Plus

5 done at 10:16 pace.

B-Plus

Code - Congrats on the PR!

Baboon - That sucks. Hopefully it's alright.

LRB - 6+ miles? That's gotta be a comeback distance PR for ya.

i decided to wait out the rain, but with my luck it'll be a full on downpour when I head out for my 14ish later.

LRB

LRB - 6+ miles? That's gotta be a comeback distance PR for ya.

By a tenth of a mile, yes!  Wink

Robert31320

Team TJ

I ran the Cooler in Pooler Resolution 5K this morning. Finished 15th overall and 2nd place in my age group.  Happy with today's race!

Running for TJ because he can't.

@runjerseygirl

I ran the Cooler in Pooler Resolution 5K this morning. Finished 15th overall and 2nd place in my age group.  Happy with today's race!

Congratulations, Robert!  Awesome race!

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Robert!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congrats Robert, that's a great result!

notimeforthat

9 miles easy. It has been over a year since I have run 9 miles. Not too horrible, but it made me recall my years of marathon training and I confirmed my suspicions. I do not miss it.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Ran my first 10k today as part of the distance series to prep for my half in March.  Finished in 41:35, second in my age group.  Very happy, had very even pacing and paced it perfectly for my sub-1:30 goal for my half with a 6:43/mile average pace and only a 6 second spread on my splits (6:41-6:47).  I'm a very happy camper.  No bling since it's just an informal distance series, but I will get a sweatshirt at the end of the series for finishing all three races.  Smile

It was pretty funny, they had accidentally signed me up for the 20k, which I had them fix, but I still had a 20k bib, so they kind of freaked out when they saw me coming into the finish line LOL  That was after they had already freaked out when the first 10k finisher came across in 33 minutes (no one is that fast in the club).  Turns out he's a college All American visiting from Colorado, and that was 3 minutes off his PR. Shocked

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, D2!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

D2: What an INSANE race time!  Congratulations!!!!  I am so happy for you!!!

Phil: I'm so sorry about the knee.  I really hope it doesn't amount to anything too serious.  Fingers crossed!

Robert: 15th OA and 2nd AG?!?!?!?  What a GREAT race!  I am so darn happy for you!  You are such a nice guy and I love it when good things happen to nice people!

15 mile MLR at 8:27 pace.  No IT band pain again, after running 11 last night w/o it.  Hopefully this is a thing of the past.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

15 mile MLR at 8:27 pace.  No IT band pain again, after running 11 last night w/o it.  Hopefully this is a thing of the past.

*LIKE*!!!!! So happy for you!

Mmmmm...beer

Code & Robert, great job to both of you on your races, PRs and AG awards!!!

Heidi, woohoo!!!  Really glad to hear your ITB is settling down and letting you get some good runs in. Smile

Thanks Damaris and Heidi!

I was updating my signature and realized that my 10k time from today was only 1 second slower than my 8k time from last June, so I removed my 8k time since it's pretty much irrelevant now. lol Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

runmomto3boys

*LIKE*!!!!! So happy for you!

THANKS!!!  I am freaking happy.  Now we have to get you healed up good as new so we can both be 100%!

I just realized I am right at 2400 miles since I started running. If I could pop off two 300+ mile months like I plan on doing by the time my 1 year runnerversary hits on 3/7, I'll have run 3000 miles my first year running. I feel like that's kind of a bad ass #, so I hope I can hit it.