Beginners and Beyond

It's after 7:00 AM. Where are the Fridailies? (Read 37 times)

LRB

We've had a lot of coyote action recently.  One came into the yard and made eyes at Sadie.

Apparently they are being displaced from their natural surroundings and are moving into populated areas. A google search suggests it is not isolated to one or two cities but the entire metro area. Wonderful.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Cooled off around here nicely.   Down to the 50s last night.  After work, around 6:30 pm, went for a run around my neighborhood and through the adjacent park behind my neighborhood, where i did some trails.  it started getting a bit dark after 7 pm so the trails were a bit hard to see since I had neglected to bring a headlamp with me, duhhh.  A very nice lady came along on her bike and asked me where the playground was - same place i was heading to get back into my neighborhood - so after I told her, she led the way for me with her bright bike light and I followed, running behind the bike, so it all worked out for both of us.  I had planned on an easy 3 but with my 'exploring' on this trail in the park I had not been on yet, I ended up with 4.2 miles.   Felt strong the whole way too, very nice.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

on my way to badass

Apparently they are being displaced from their natural surroundings and are moving into populated areas. A google search suggests it is not isolated to one or two cities but the entire metro area. Wonderful.

We're really rural( good cell service is still recent, only one provider works and no cable where we are).

Coyotes adapt really well.  They are real opportunists.  Where there are people, there are opportunities.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

bluerun

Super B****

If it runs its course, you should be fine come Sunday morning. Or at least at the point where it's not much of a detriment.

My mom (who gave this to me, so she had it before me) still isn't 100%. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

We're really rural( good cell service is still recent, only one provider works and no cable where we are).

Coyotes adapt really well.  They are real opportunists.  Where there are people, there are opportunities.

Well, that's how cats became household pets.  So, who knows?  Maybe coyotes are next.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

My mom (who gave this to me, so she had it before me) still isn't 100%. 

OTC meds provide temporary relief from symptoms, but prolong the natural healing time. You ain't talking any of that.

bluerun

Super B****

OTC meds provide temporary relief from symptoms, but prolong the natural healing time. You ain't talking any of that.

They don't provide relief, actually.  I was reminded why I can't take NyQuil -- never mind making things better, it made things worse!!

But no big.  I can't breathe, I can't hear, and I can't sleep because of that (the breathing part), though somehow I plan to sleep for at least twelve hours tonight because SLEEP IS SUPPOSED TO HELP.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

4 miles at 8:01 pace.  Medium effort.  Fucking hell is it gross outside.  Nothing is hurting right, which makes me happy.  Need to get working on that...

<3

LRB

They don't provide relief, actually.  I was reminded why I can't take NyQuil -- never mind making things better, it made things worse!!

But no big.  I can't breathe, I can't hear, and I can't sleep because of that (the breathing part), though somehow I plan to sleep for at least twelve hours tonight because SLEEP IS SUPPOSED TO HELP.

Yes, I should've put temporary relief in quotes as in not necessarily true depending on who it is and what they have. Blah, blah, blah.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights & core. Crazy storm rolled through this afternoon, was sitting in a meeting facing west & it was pitch black out. Fortunately by the time I left, it was brighter.

Docket_Rocket

I ran 4 more (outside) and lifted weights.  10 for the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Bluerun, that is going to be one crappy start on the bridge.

I ran 11 with 9 at MP. Felt completely unprepared, but it went well. It was nice all day but started raining 2 miles in and pouring 5 miles in. Still not as rainy as last weekend.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After starting the dailies I ended up taking an unscheduled rest day when I crashed and slept for several hours in the afternoon.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.