Beginners and Beyond

My dog has a torn ACL (update: RIP, puppy) (Read 247 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

FYI (just think it's cool) the Palm Beach Kennel club has their races online

El Peachy Lee is our other dog Smile

http://pbkweb.pbkennelclub.com/live/1024/playeroneTest.asp?date=5/25/2011&Per=S&track=PB&race=06&raceid=52520116S

Hip Redux

Oh no.  Hope the tumors are not cancerous.

99.99% of bone tumors in greyhounds are a malignant, nasty, aggressive form of cancer - osteosarcoma.     Bone biopsies are almost never recommended because - well, it's never anything else.

MrNamtor

Yes, she is a purebred greyhound.  You can see her racing stats if you register at greyhound-data.com

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=tola+jewel&x=-1186&y=-27

Looks like she was fast in her youth!

MrNamtor

99.99% of bone tumors in greyhounds are a malignant, nasty, aggressive form of cancer - osteosarcoma.     Bone biopsies are almost never recommended because - well, it's never anything else.

oh that sucks

Hip Redux

oh that sucks

Yeah, it pretty much blows.

Here's a shot of Jewell and my Berkeley (lost to osteo in 2012), in their younger days:

Awww, no, Phil. Uggh.  I'm sorry.

Hey runmom, glad to see you dropping in at B&B!

Dave

delicate flower

Yeah, it pretty much blows.

Here's a shot of Jewell and my Berkeley (lost to osteo in 2012), in their younger days:

Good puppies!

<3

Docket_Rocket

I read your post in FB, Phil.  Sorry to hear about this.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BenTN

I'm so sorry to hear about your pup.

Zelanie

Phil- I'm so sorry for your pup's diagnosis.  I do know somebody from a lab board I'm on who's dog Lucy has been doing very well for two years since her osteosarcoma diagnosis, though!  They decided no surgery and only holistic treatment, but it didn't progress like the vet originally expected.  So there is always hope.

delicate flower

We had Jewell put to sleep this morning.  She was really struggling and we knew it was time.  I am heartbroken.  Sad

<3

Zelanie

Phil- I am so sorry for your loss.  Run free, Jewell!

Docket_Rocket

Oh no!  I am very sorry.  Hugs!

We had Jewell put to sleep this morning.  She was really struggling and we knew it was time.  I am heartbroken.  Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Little Blue

My heart breaks for both of you.  I'm so sorry.

happylily

So, so sorry for you and your wife, Phil. I know it's painful to say goodbye. Hugs to you both.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010