Beginners and Beyond

How do you feel when out there running when people you know see you? (Read 164 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I used to be self-concious but not anymore.  The way I see it now, THOSE THAT CAN, DO.  THOSE THAT CAN'T (WON'T) , HATE!

However, about 95% of my running is done way before most of my neighbors wake up so they never see me anyway.

Big grin NO WAY! Big grin

Usually, if I'm running and they're not, I'm glad that's the case -- because then I can get away from them.  (Can you tell I'm not much of a "people person"?!)

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

My boss is the worst, he will honk his horn like it's fuckin prom night, which unbeknownst to him, scares the living shit outta me lol!

I am told that I have been seen running a lot but most times I have no idea who anyone is, or where they saw me.  The people that see me though seem to take pride in it, it's funny.

There are times when cars will slow down or make a u-turn, and my first thought is what flippin' ding a ling is this, because you just never know.

I have friends who prefer running closed loops and that's fine, they might just the shy types or introverts.  I on the other hand, simply prefer to be out and about gliding along doing my own thing in my own world, while simultaneously sharing in the world of others so to speak.

Ball of Fury

Exactly!

And I was spotted, luckily by a complete non-runner so I still 'appeared' badass.  I knew better.

Lol!  We have a friend who sees me running a lot and always says I "looked strong!"  Usually on days I was barely making it!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

Lol!  We have a friend who sees me running a lot and always says I "looked strong!"  Usually on days I was barely making it!

So true!

It doesn't really phase me either way.

Sometimes when I run down by work, I'll see people I know and I'll wave.  Out by home, I say hi to anyone that passes since there aren't that many.

Hip Redux

My boss is the worst, he will honk his horn like it's fuckin prom night, which unbeknownst to him, scares the living shit outta me lol!

OMG, yes!

Most of the time when someone waves/honks or yells "Hey Oski!"-  my response is:  Huh? Who the hell was that?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Doesn't bother me at all.  My local running community is pretty big so we all comment when we recognize each other.  Best of all since there are so many runners is as a driver they give plenty of room.

MrNamtor

I just hope I'm not hocking out a loogie or readjusting my junk when they do.

MrNamtor

I on the other hand, simply prefer to be out and about gliding along doing my own thing in my own world, while simultaneously sharing in the world of others so to speak.

Like this!

Antipodean

I get seen some, but am often running in the predawn. I also like running around the park next to the school where I teach (middle school). Students from my school sometimes see me and I'm really proud to be setting such a good example. One of my own students wrote in her learning journal that she's happy she's got a teacher who is slim and keeps fit - yay! This kid likes to run, too, so it's all pretty cool.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

workinprogress11

I usually don't find out until after the fact.

Person:  I saw you running over by the high school.

Me:  Oh.

This, exactly.