Beginners and Beyond

Fox Cities Half Marathon RR (Read 67 times)

onemile

Docket, Scottie, Outoftheblue, Nova, Zelanie, Hog, Lauren - Thank you

LRB - I've perfected the art of drinking from a cup while.  Grab the top and crinkle the top so there's only a spout from the side to drink out of.

Baboon - Since we have the same PR's what's is your marathon goal time? And don't worry, I don't really see other guys as the competition either, or at least I'd much rather beat other women!    And I have been meaning to run a 10k.  The PR in my log is from when I was coming back from an injury in 2011 so it wasn't even a reflection of my fitness back then, much less now.   I was planning to race one in June but then I hurt my calf so I walked it.  But if it's anything like my 5k PR it will suck anyway.

HappyLily - funny that you don't like women in pink to beat you. I like wearing pink and wore a pink visor and pink shoes for this one Smile

Mandy - it was most certainly not in my head. I ran a 22:48 5k (7:20 pace) in August and that was all out.  The biking helped keep my aerobic fitness but my legs got weak!

onemile

DaveP - you never know - those 5 minutes might just magically disappear. Or 10. Especially if you keep training the way you have been. I thought I could get my HM time down to 1:50 eventually (I ran my first in 2:06).

happylily

onemile, now I am traumatized by what you just told me and I will be scared every time I see a runner wearing pink. You've destroyed all the confidence I had in my mean black tops! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

onemile, now I am traumatized by what you just told me and I will be scared every time I see a runner wearing pink. You've destroyed all the confidence I had in my mean black tops! 

I did wear my camo speed shorts to go with - does that make you feel a little better?

(black definitely looks badass)

Zelanie

Baboon - Since we have the same PR's what's is your marathon goal time? And don't worry, I don't really see other guys as the competition either, or at least I'd much rather beat other women!    And I have been meaning to run a 10k.  The PR in my log is from when I was coming back from an injury in 2011 so it wasn't even a reflection of my fitness back then, much less now.   I was planning to race one in June but then I hurt my calf so I walked it.  But if it's anything like my 5k PR it will suck anyway.

I've heard that women actually have the edge over men when it comes to maintaining VDOT values at longer distances- that men tend to fade more in their marathons compared to halves, anyway.  So maybe you two should go ahead and compete for marathon time. Smile

I've heard that women actually have the edge over men when it comes to maintaining VDOT values at longer distances- that men tend to fade more in their marathons compared to halves, anyway.  So maybe you two should go ahead and compete for marathon time. Smile

IT'S ON!!

Dave

delicate flower

My goal is to get into the 3-teens.  So, 3:19:59 would do it.  I'd really like to BQ (3:15) but I think I need one more cycle to get there.  I thought I was in 3:25 shape for my May marathon, but a warm day destroyed my race (3:38).  I could have run a 3:23 last weekend if I extended my LR to 26.2 miles (I had the energy).  So, 3:20 seems doable.  Who knows though...I could very well be kidding myself.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

My goal is to get into the 3-teens.  So, 3:19:59 would do it.  I'd really like to BQ (3:15) but I think I need one more cycle to get there.  I thought I was in 3:25 shape for my May marathon, but a warm day destroyed my race (3:38).  I could have run a 3:23 last weekend if I extended my LR to 26.2 miles (I had the energy).  So, 3:20 seems doable.  Who knows though...I could very well be kidding myself.

Umm... no.

Oh, you're good. You got ripped a little bit in that thread over in L&O, but that's their job. And I don't think it was mentioned anywhere in the thread that your marathon PR was heavily penalized by heat, and the HM PR you just ran was heavily penalized by wind. Looking forward to see what you do in your upcoming HM, that should be a better test.

(MTA: welcome back to the B&B for some rainbows & unicorns.)

Dave

happylily

Oh, you're good. You got ripped a little bit in that thread over in L&O, but that's their job. And I don't think it was mentioned anywhere in the thread that your marathon PR was heavily penalized by heat, and the HM PR you just ran was heavily penalized by wind. Looking forward to see what you do in your upcoming HM, that should be a better test.

+1. Plus, I'm all in favor of LRs done a tad too fast. Slow LRs are effing boring.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

I looked at your log and your training paces are definitely beyond what I could do.  My idea of a fast long run is 8:15 pace.  Looks like 3:19 should be well within reach. Good luck!

delicate flower

(MTA: welcome back to the B&B for some rainbows & unicorns.)

Yeah, I heard a lot of what I can't do, but not a lot of what I can do.  Tough love.  They are hugely helpful though if you can extract the knowledge out of them.

But this thread is about onemile and her PR.  

<3

MothAudio

Nice! One second PB works! Very impressive placement / hardware! 

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Great job, Onemile!

Really happy for you to be able to PR after coming off the injury, that should be a big confidence booster.  Game on for the full.