Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins (Read 11 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Going out for an easy 4 or 5 with DW.  Have a great day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and that is it for today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  SRD for me today, but quartet tonight, since tomorrow is my and DH's 14th anniversary.  I don't think we're actually doing anything special except for going out to dinner this weekend, but it's nice of the girls to practice tonight so I can go home tomorrow night at a reasonable time.  Woo-hoo!!

Jerryb -- have a good easy 4-5!!

Docket -- enjoy Pilates!!

Ginny from yesterday -- welcome home!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Morning. 5 done this morning group tonight.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Enjoy Pilates, Docket. Your Mom is doing okay?  Hubs as well, I hope.

Happy #11, HsM.

Have a good group run famous PAD.

5.5 for us.  Not as easy as planned as I saw a lot of 9's on my watch.  Felt good and weather was perfect.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi pens. Welcome back Ginny.

Today I'll do any easy short run in the evening. Probably just a mile or two followed by a yoga video. Perhaps DH will join me but he's been slammed at work lately.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Yes, I saw mom this weekend in Puerto Rico and she is doing great.  Hubby is back to his old mileage as of 2 weeks ago, so he is also doing well.  I am also noticing his short temper fuse has tempered a lot (still there but minor) so that gigantic tumor must have been messing his moods as well.

Jerry, hope the run was pleasant.

Hope, enjoy the rest day and the quartet rehearsal.  We also don't do much for ours except going out to a nice place for dinner.

PAD, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Yes, I saw mom this weekend in Puerto Rico and she is doing great.  Hubby is back to his old mileage as of 2 weeks ago, so he is also doing well.  I am also noticing his short temper fuse has tempered a lot (still there but minor) so that gigantic tumor must have been messing his moods as well.

Jerry, hope the run was pleasant.

Hope, enjoy the rest day and the quartet rehearsal.  We also don't do much for ours except going out to a nice place for dinner.

PAD, nice 5.

Glad the temper fuse lengthened.

Zelanie

Happy anniversary,  HsM!

Good news, D!

Hi Jerry and Jill!

I am stuck at a super boring training. But I am planning to run and see the Bourne movie later on. If I don't die of boredom first.

GinnyinPA

Happy Anniversary HopesMom.  Enjoy your singing this evening.

Jerry - I'm glad you're getting some cooler weather.

Damaris - it's amazing that your husband is running already.  I'm glad he is getting back to his old self.  I know brain issues can really change personalities.  When will he be able to go back to work?  Or will he?

PAD - enjoy your double.  I can't imagine trying to do speed sessions in Texas heat.

Jill - enjoy your short run and yoga. I'm trying to get back into yoga to offset the stiffness of sitting as much as I have lately. It's not easy.

Z - I hope your run went well. Did you like the movie? When does school start for you?

I did 5.6 very slow miles. Three weeks off takes a toll.  My body was stiff and heavy and I was feeling the heat and humidity (which isn't bad for the mid-Atlantic in August but is more than I'm used to).  The toe was fine.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, he could have worked weeks ago. He has just been lazy and selective. He has no restrictions.

Damaris

Fundraising Page