Beginners and Beyond

IAT 50K RR (Read 78 times)

Brilliant

Wow, what a fantastic report...I was so excited to get to the finish line and see you'd beat your goal!  Nice redemption.

I really like reading your RRs because you keep it real - you are such an experienced runner but are not afraid to admit when you've made mistakes.

delicate flower

Excellent race, George!  Man, you really exceeded expectations.  12 minutes under your "best case scenario" is huge.  That had to have felt great.  No Garmin, too.  Sheesh, that would have sent me into a panic.

<3

From the Internet.

Wow, what a fantastic report...I was so excited to get to the finish line and see you'd beat your goal!  Nice redemption.

I really like reading your RRs because you keep it real - you are such an experienced runner but are not afraid to admit when you've made mistakes.

I love this too, you've got such a great perspective on everything that goes right AND everything that goes wrong.

Congrats on smashing your goal, excellent race!

adkkev

Late to the party but I'd still like to offer my congratulations George!!  

I misplaced my Garmin when I ran my 50k, panicked at first, but then figured what the hell.  So I just ran.  It was probably a good thing ... just one less thing to obsess out on the trail.

Cyberic

I don't know if I'll ever do a trail race, or an ultra, but I sure enjoyed reading your report. Congrats on smashing your expectations.

Congrats George, that's a great time, enjoyed reading  our report.

LRB

I don't know if it helped, but I would overdress on my long runs to deliberately overheat in an attempt to simulate warm weather and stimulate acclimation.

That is a really good idea. Not that I would ever intentionally race in heat or humidity but with running, you just never know what zaniness awaits.

Congrats on completing your race and adding yet another milestone to your distinguished career. When it is all said and done, you will have kicked this sport in the tail for parts of 6 decades, and still counting!

Good luck at your race this weekend!  That it is on a 400 meter track should make you feel right at home. The fact that it is a million laps on said track should make you completely forget who you are and just what you are doing there.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to come back for this one!  Congratulations!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

I always love reading your reports and hearing about how methodical and realistic you are with your training.  Congrats on this one, and hope you had a good run this weekend!

Congrats, George.  Another trail adventure done, I always enjoy reading your reports.