Beginners and Beyond

Labor Dailies! (Read 29 times)

onemile

Look at my 5K splits.  You'll feel better. 

Heh, I have run that 5k before 

bluerun

Super B****

I don't mind it, really -- it was an experiment to see what would happen if I ran a 5K without looking at my watch once.  So I went out a little too fast... not surprising, I guess.  (There is ALWAYS a headwind on the east side of this island.  I hate it.  It makes it look even worse.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

It was a trainwreck. 

Sorry man.  I saw your race come across my Strava feed and I saw the 1:33 and thought "YES!" and then I saw the 12.5 miles and thought "Ohhhhh."  Looking at your "Flyby", a bunch of other people are already pissed about the short course.  How the hell does that happen?

<3

No more marathons

Tell me about it. A 12.5 mile HM, and thank god, because it couldn't be over soon enough. It was a trainwreck. About 1:33. Eric: please hide the logs again, no one should see my splits. Although amazingly, I was still passing some people in the later miles, so maybe it wasn't just me. Got pretty warm out there. No AG results posted yet.

https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/42657/IndividualResult/kZfH?#U20855566 

Third in age, so at least there's that.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I don't mind it, really -- it was an experiment to see what would happen if I ran a 5K without looking at my watch once.  So I went out a little too fast... not surprising, I guess.  (There is ALWAYS a headwind on the east side of this island.  I hate it.  It makes it look even worse.)

You got the first mile of a sub-20 down, just gotta get the stamina to run the other two. 👍

delicate flower

<3

Gotta love the B&B. I could not for the life of me find the results online, shoulda known someone here would do it for me. 3/40 AG. Can one of you fetch me a banana please?

Woo hoo!  WHAT DID HE WIN!!

Jack squat. They did an awards ceremony, and only announced OA and Masters winners. (At least they did do both genders.) So no recognition whatsoever for AG winners. Pretty lame for a race with 767 finishers, IMHO.

And no idea how they messed up the distance. It was virtually dead on through 7, then the mile 8 marker came about 0.5 later. Then they were all 0.5 off from there. (Maybe it was between 6 & 7, I'm forgetting now.) They must have misplaced one of the out & back turnaround points. IDGAF today, but if I was on PR pace, I'd be one of those pissed off people on Strava. Again - especially bad form for a race this size. The 2.9-mile 5k I did last month was a small, cheap, manually timed race to raise money for a school. That kind of thing is more excusable, but for today's race, somebody's got some 'splaining to do.

Dave

+1. Almost exactly, in fact. (That was the short one, also including a wrong turn.)

Dave

delicate flower

Gotta love the B&B. I could not for the life of me find the results online, shoulda known someone here would do it for me. 3/40 AG. Can one of you fetch me a banana please?

Jack squat. They did an awards ceremony, and only announced OA and Masters winners. (At least they did do both genders.) So no recognition whatsoever for AG winners. Pretty lame for a race with 767 finishers, IMHO.

And no idea how they messed up the distance. It was virtually dead on through 7, then the mile 8 marker came about 0.5 later. Then they were all 0.5 off from there. (Maybe it was between 6 & 7, I'm forgetting now.) They must have misplaced one of the out & back turnaround points. IDGAF today, but if I was on PR pace, I'd be one of those pissed off people on Strava. Again - especially bad form for a race this size. The 2.9-mile 5k I did last month was a small, cheap, manually timed race to raise money for a school. That kind of thing is more excusable, but for today's race, somebody's got some 'splaining to do.

Someone on their FB page said the mistake was at an out back section where the turnaround was too early.  Ring a bell?  And now the complaint FB posts are gone.  The race website says this about awards:

Age Group Awards:

Age group award winners will be recognized (1st, 2nd, 3rd) in each age division for the half marathon and 4-mile races. The half marathon will recognize age groups in 5 year increments and the 4-mile will recognize age groups in 10 year increments.

<3

Someone on their FB page said the mistake was at an out back section where the turnaround was too early.  Ring a bell?  And now the complaint FB posts are gone.  The race website says this about awards:

Age Group Awards:

Age group award winners will be recognized (1st, 2nd, 3rd) in each age division for the half marathon and 4-mile races. The half marathon will recognize age groups in 5 year increments and the 4-mile will recognize age groups in 10 year increments.

Yeah people after the race were talking about that turnaround point. I didn't recognize it till a mile later - I think I missed the first incorrect mile marker because I wasn't looking for it. And funny, I just went to the FB page figuring I would see a bunch of irate posts, and saw none. In fact only one post from this year's race at all, and it was a complimentary one. That's pretty pathetic. Also pretty pathetic to ignore the AG placements. IDK why they didn't announce them. It seemed to take a long time for the AG results to come in - they had the laptops where you could check your results, but no category placements were shown. So maybe they weren't even available when they made the announcements. I am expecting an interesting post-race email.

Dave

No more marathons

No excuse what-so-ever for a misplaced course marker.

RD should man-up and take responsibility for his/her failure.

Today's "run".  FFS - how long is it going to take to get back to "normal" - or is this my new normal.

5+ miles, in 50 minutes.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, bluerun!

Nice job, dave and ugh at the race. Sounds like they are deleting complaint posts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I ran my 6.  Spent most of Pilates working out of the bad leg.  7 months have passed since the surgery and it still feels so much weaker compared to the other one.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page