Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Bastille (Tues)DAY (Read 17 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

BONJOUR !!!

Short steamy run for us this afternoon.

Hope we have some French wine in the wine cellar.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I only ran 3 last night because I went outside and it sucked a lot.  It wasn't that bad (91F and 74DP) but I didn't notice there were fires in the Everglades and the smoke must have been hiding in the light rain that had fallen.  My lungs are still wrecked today.  Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Run/walk this morning. Felt really good and got a bit carried away, just kept going and going and ended up with 5.2 miles done.  Glad I got out this morning because this week Texas summer is finally starting to hit; temps of 96 - 97 degrees today with heat index 'feels like' temp close to 100, gaaack.  Supposed to be like this all week, so looks like it is early a.m. running for me this week.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Ran 6 yesterday, probably do the same again today.  Lots of changes at work.  Today I am going to go and meet with my new principal for the upcoming school year. Smile   Last year was a big struggle for me, so I am looking forward to this.

PADRunner

Morning, weight and a mile this morning, maybe more later.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I am officially graduated from PT, woo-hoo!!  Which doesn't let me off the hook for getting up at 5AM to do the routine, but at least it saves me $35 copay per visit.  And I'm cleared to start C25k, so at some point today I have to dig around my backpack and see if my Garmin is there.  It's been probably a year since I used it ....  Quartet rehearsal tonight!  Oh, and they couldn't work on my ankle at all, because my original prescription was only for my knees.  Which made me laugh.  But the ankle is slowly healing, so it's all good.

Jerryb -- enjoy your short steamy run and wine!!

Docket -- sorry about the smoky 3!!  Hope tonight's Pilates and 6 are better ...

Scotty -- laughing at you forgetting to stop!!  Enjoy your morning runs!!

Zelanie -- have fun with your 6, and hope the new principal works out better!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

HsM- That is fantastic!  I can't get to good smilies on my phone so let me just give you a WOO-HOO!!!!

My 6 turned into 8 somehow today.  Smile

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Speaking of Bastille day - I am heading out to see the fireworks soon. We are about a 5 or 10 minute walk from the Eiffel tower where they launch them from.  Rest day for me today but I'm going to try to be out the door by 6am tomorrow for my run.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Geez, I'm fighting about five different fires at work today.  Making progress on one of them. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the PT graduation, HsM.  Good luck on C25K.

Geez, Scotty, 5 miles and AG placing last weekend. What next, a 100 miler.

Hope you like the new principal, Zel.. Maybe she is a runner.

Hope the lungs are better, D.

Did you get another mile in, PAD?

Enjoy the real Bastille Day, sapf.

We are having Italian tonight with French wine.

3.5 humid miles for us, but better than yesterday.

on my way to badass

HsM- yay for the end of PT copays!

DR- ick on the Everglades fires.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

Jerry - I hope you got your wine.  Good job on the humid run. .

D - I hope the smoke has cleared from your lungs and you got a good run.

Scotty - good job on the longer run this morning.

Z - I hope you and your new principal work well together.  So many changes at your job.  Good luck.  Nice addition to your run today.

PAD - are you streaking?  I hope you got another run, despite the heat.

HM - congratulations on graduating from PT.  You probably shouldn't run until the ankle is healed, but at least you can walk a bit more.

sapf - I hope you enjoyed the celebration.  Good luck with your morning run.

Hi StoneFence!

I did 6 on the TM, with 3 1/2 at HM pace.  I'm trying to do some speedwork, but it isn't easy for me.  The good news is I just reached 1000 for the year.  Since my goal was only 1200, I think I need a new goal.  I think we're heading to the mountains for a few days tomorrow, so no running, but a little backpacking, so good xt.