Beginners and Beyond

End-of-year mileage goals anyone? (Read 111 times)

MothAudio

^^ [George] 

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

^^ [George] 

Proof that you don't have to cut back and pack it in when you get older. 

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

You Rang?

I'm at 1399.  I should hit my goal of 1500 miles this year in mid-December.  I was falling a bit off the pace, but then Pfitz and the WDW Marathon came along and fixed that.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

happylily

I will finish the year with about 2700 miles. I went two months without running due to plantar fasciitis and those were training months for Chicago, which would have given me an average of 60-65 mpw. Had I not been forced to stop running, I would have finished the year with about 3200 miles. But I never make a goal out of mileage. I make goals out of my races and I ran 4 marathons and 2 HMs in 2013. That's the only reason why my mileage is sort of high.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

But I never make a goal out of mileage. I make goals out of my races....

Yeah I am kind of the same way.  I train for races and whatever mileage I end up running based on those goals is where I end up.

I did set a mileage goal for 2014 though, but that was because I signed up to play in the mileage game.  That goal was loosely based on what I should run (without major setbacks) training and racing, not a fixed number I have to run at all costs.

Yeah I am kind of the same way.  I train for races and whatever mileage I end up running based on those goals is where I end up.

I did set a mileage goal for 2014 though, but that was because I signed up to play in the mileage game.  That goal was loosely based on what I should run (without major setbacks) training and racing, not a fixed number I have to run at all costs.

This is where we usually get in trouble with mileage goals. Roll eyes

Dave

LRB

This is where we usually get in trouble with mileage goals. Roll eyes

I have been injured each year that I have run, so I am already in trouble when I wake up each morning.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

But I never make a goal out of mileage. I make goals out of my races and I ran 4 marathons and 2 HMs in 2013. That's the only reason why my mileage is sort of high.

Mileage comes as a result of training to meet goals. Train to improve and increases in your mileage will almost always follow.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

Mileage comes as a result of training to meet goals. Train to improve and increases in your mileage will almost always follow.

Yes, that is true. Mileage is only a tool to me, like speedwork. Finish times are the goals. If I don't hit my goals in my races, mileage alone won't be enough to satisfy me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010