Beginners and Beyond

Snowy Saturdailies (Read 40 times)

GinnyinPA

I just looked it up. It's the next step up from easy, but a lot more than slightly faster. For my MP of 7:47,

Recovery Jogs 8:54-9:35 
    Long Runs 7:53-9:08 
    Easy Runs 7:49-8:48 
    Steady-State Runs 7:16-7:36
    Tempo Runs 6:59-7:15
    Tempo Intervals 6:53-7:07

So pretty close to HMP for me. Although I do actually have a HM scheduled in 3 weeks, and I expect my pace to be approximately L:OL.

It's interesting, my marathon pace is in the middle of my easy and long run training paces.

MP:  9:21

Long Run 9:07 - 10:25

Easy  pace 9:06 - 10:03

Though there may be a glitch in the McMillan software, since it gives me the same easy and long paces whether I input a 4:00:00 or 4:05 or 4:10 marathon.

Runshortii

My MP is similar to the fast end of the "long run" pace in mcmillian too. I prefer the Daniels Calculator, personally. According to mcmillian my easy runs should be 7:48-8:47, and according to mcmillian my MP is a 7:45. That seems a bit extreme to me. Daniels easy pace is 8:39-9:12, and my easy runs are usually right around 9:00 or a few seconds under. Maybe my easy runs are just too slow lol

GinnyinPA

I've always used the McMillan paces and find them comfortable. I think it may be a question of what you're used to.

My MP is similar to the fast end of the "long run" pace in mcmillian too. I prefer the Daniels Calculator, personally. According to mcmillian my easy runs should be 7:48-8:47, and according to mcmillian my MP is a 7:45. That seems a bit extreme to me. Daniels easy pace is 8:39-9:12, and my easy runs are usually right around 9:00 or a few seconds under. Maybe my easy runs are just too slow lol

No. I think I have commented on this before, but I agree it makes no sense for the fast end of easy/long to be the same as MP.

Dave