Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Awesome Penguins! (Read 20 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Another 3.3 miles before work this morning.  5 AM running is feeling good again.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Brilliant

Jack, yes I am keeping my favorite water bottle filled up and nearby.

Traci, nice running.  Don't worry about your pace.  Sometimes I feel like I am embarrassingly slow.  But I am working really hard and improving.  I know you are too; that's what's important!

Singer who runs a smidge

Hope, are you going to try to get back in shape to run? or have you written off running completely?

At this point I couldn't care less about running (though maybe someday ...), I'm just looking to get enough help to walk without feeling knives in my knees.  I've managed on my own to get them from humongous carving knives down to Swiss Army Knives, but I'd like them to be gone altogether.  Hoping a good PT can give me exercises to add to my routine, to get me from "better" to "good".

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jack, yes I am keeping my favorite water bottle filled up and nearby.

Traci, nice running.  Don't worry about your pace.  Sometimes I feel like I am embarrassingly slow.  But I am working really hard and improving.  I know you are too; that's what's important!

I AM embarrassingly slow, lol.  But you know what....these days I don't care!  After 31 years (will be 32 in April) of running I'm in my 'twilight years' of running now after doing all the races/high mileage weeks/speedwork/intervals/hills/training thing during my younger days.  I am having fun and thoroughly enjoying myself.  Not that I didn't have fun back then, either, but this is a different 'more relaxed' less-work-at-running type of fun, and I'm loving every mile of it.  Yes, I have become the Ultimate Fun Runner in my old age, lol. I only have two goals these days....finish everything I start and have fun along the way...and if it happens to take me 3 hours to do a 5K or 10K....so what?  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

I AM embarrassingly slow, lol.  But you know what....these days I don't care!  After 31 years (will be 32 in April) of running I'm in my 'twilight years' of running now after doing all the races/high mileage weeks/speedwork/intervals/hills/training thing during my younger days.  I am having fun and thoroughly enjoying myself.  Not that I didn't have fun back then, either, but this is a different 'more relaxed' less-work-at-running type of fun, and I'm loving every mile of it.  Yes, I have become the Ultimate Fun Runner in my old age, lol. I only have two goals these days....finish everything I start and have fun along the way...and if it happens to take me 3 hours to do a 5K or 10K....so what?  

Ha, you are too modest...I saw that AG award you did last weekend! Smile

Amazonian Princess

"Everything is AWESOME! Everything is great when you're part of a TEAM!!"  Am I the only one with that stuck in their head?

Quick check in to say Hi!

Hi!

I can. I will. I am. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ha, you are too modest...I saw that AG award you did last weekend! Smile

That's because my strategy is to outlive my competition... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt