Beginners and Beyond

Blue Ox Marathon RR (Debut) (Photos added on pg2) (Read 114 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

First marathon and sub-4?  Pretty darn sweet!  You definitely did it the right way, building up to the distance and putting in some dedicated training.  I hope your bucket list adds another marathon to it, but there's nothing wrong with it being your last one either.  Keep up the good work.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

First marathon and sub-4?  Pretty darn sweet!  You definitely did it the right way, building up to the distance and putting in some dedicated training.  I hope your bucket list adds another marathon to it, but there's nothing wrong with it being your last one either.  Keep up the good work.

I enjoy the challenge of the Marathon, but holy crap it's a tough race. I want to run my local Marathon in May, since it's the 10 year anniversary and they're going back to the course they had the first year. I thought it'd be kind of fun. I think my wife has asked me twice in the last week when my next one will be - I think she's wants to make sure that it will be warm and sunny instead of cold and windy. Smile

- Andrew

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I enjoy the challenge of the Marathon, but holy crap it's a tough race. I want to run my local Marathon in May, since it's the 10 year anniversary and they're going back to the course they had the first year. I thought it'd be kind of fun. I think my wife has asked me twice in the last week when my next one will be - I think she's wants to make sure that it will be warm and sunny instead of cold and windy. Smile

Ha...ideal spectator weather definitely isn't ideal runner weather, but I can't blame her.  It is a tough race, but you learn so many lessons each time that make the subsequent races that much easier.  I'm glad you're looking at another one...it's going to be completely different.  It'll still hurt, but I think you'll be really glad you did it.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn