Beginners and Beyond

NRR. What are you addicted too besides running? (Read 484 times)

Nevrgivup

Beth where the heck do you find the time. I love the blue scarf!!! 

Coralie- I'm glad you are on a different path now and less self destructive. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Jess runs for bacon

And I tell her this all the time!

It's not as fun if you tell her, duh.

Coralie, you're not alone in that. I have similar issues. Both the lists and the self-destruction in odd ways. Strangely it's comforting to know I'm not the only one! Do you have the same problem when you don't have control over something you just drop it completely? That's my problem. I used to obsess over my budgets, which is exhausting, but then if something blows up I ditch it completely, with predictable results.

My boss makes fun of me because every day I make my list of (non-work related) things I have to do that day. Makes me want to punch him in the face...

Just B.S.

Beth where the heck do you find the time. I love the blue scarf!!! 

Coralie- I'm glad you are on a different path now and less self destructive. 

Coralie, I concur. Glad you are doing better and running is a postive force in your life as it is for many of us.

Nevrgivup, I rarely do one thing at a time. When I sit down to watch TV I have to be doing something, stretching,

making lists, knitting etc. I gain a lot of time that way.

I got a LOT done yesterday because I limited my posting here to maybe 4 or 5 posts!LOL I have a lot of energy,

some of it nervous and I like to channel it into something productive. I'm not much of one for puzzles or video

games (we dont have a system) or things like that. I am creative and prefer things where I have something I can

touch as a measureable result when I'm done.

Yesterday I ran 20k in the morning with hubby, cleaned and decorated the house while he worked on our

bathroom reno, spray painted the chair in between some of the cleaning/decorating and when I finally sat

down to watch some TV after dinner I started  the blue scarf (surprise for my son). Luckily many years of

knitting (learned at age 12) have made me a very fast knitter and I can pretty much do it without looking unless

it's a really complicated pattern.

7 scarfs knitted in the last 2 weeks. 4 more to go before Christmas!

I guess I'm one of those people who don't find relaxing very relaxing.

One side of my craft room.

tessasnewlife

Rockstars. I have a lot of customer/supplies/people in general who bribe me day and night with rockstars. My 2nd/3rd jobs both keep the fridge with at least one when I am coming in. I will happily rob a bank with you if offered me a rockstar for my hard work. Maybe that bad, but really. My blood is mostly rockstar.

Akso RSVP fine point pens. I love them. I will jump you if try to walk out of my office with one of mine- but I will probably try to steal yours. Or claim its mine and take it back.

Rungry!

Y'all are a bunch of busybodies.  I am addicted to downtime.

Jen

tessasnewlife

Also cars- for as long as I can remember- I look at cars first then the person driving. It has gotten me into trouble once or twice. Last week a co worker and I were driving somewhere and I was checking out a car. He asked me if I thought the guy was hott or something because I was straining so hard to look that way. Nope- I like his truck though. :-D (I have dated a guy for his car before).

Sloooow.

It's not as fun if you tell her, duh.

Coralie, you're not alone in that. I have similar issues. Both the lists and the self-destruction in odd ways. Strangely it's comforting to know I'm not the only one! Do you have the same problem when you don't have control over something you just drop it completely? That's my problem. I used to obsess over my budgets, which is exhausting, but then if something blows up I ditch it completely, with predictable results.

My boss makes fun of me because every day I make my list of (non-work related) things I have to do that day. Makes me want to punch him in the face...

I am really odd with my budgeting. I have a book with all the bills that need to be paid for the next 30 paychecks. Each one will get redone again numerous times though. I tend to get hysterical if I make mistakes. I once shorted the car payment $40. No idea why! I even had the cents right, lol. Gave myself an anxiety attack over that. I was so ready to be done with it all, but I have no idea what I would do with myself without it.

People can be funny creatures.

The Mc

Hot sauce and books.  I have a huge collection of each.

Papa don't take no mess.

Jess runs for bacon

I am really odd with my budgeting. I have a book with all the bills that need to be paid for the next 30 paychecks. Each one will get redone again numerous times though. I tend to get hysterical if I make mistakes. I once shorted the car payment $40. No idea why! I even had the cents right, lol. Gave myself an anxiety attack over that. I was so ready to be done with it all, but I have no idea what I would do with myself without it.

People can be funny creatures.

Damn. I'd make fun, but I have a spreadsheet with all of the books I've read since '08 (complete with pie charts), a list of next year's races I want to run, and when I budgeted I would update a spreadsheet every day showing how much % I was at on budget compared to % the month was complete.

Do you use some form of portable book?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Golf.  And Taco Bell. 

The TB addiction is under control (a couple times a month at most).  The golf is another story.

Oh, and I too am a pretty big fan of cooking and shopping.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Runshortii

My phone.  Anything sweet. I love sweets! And mexican food...mmmm mexican food

Sloooow.

Damn. I'd make fun, but I have a spreadsheet with all of the books I've read since '08 (complete with pie charts), a list of next year's races I want to run, and when I budgeted I would update a spreadsheet every day showing how much % I was at on budget compared to % the month was complete.

Do you use some form of portable book?

Yup. Everything is written in notebooks. I have a bunch of them. Despite everything, I am terribly unorganised. I'll write on anything, bits of printer paper, even the back of envelopes. Then I lose the paper, and have to write it out again, lol. My only consistent is the notebook I have with the schedule of bills written in it. It's not the same to type it out, I have to write it. I've done the same with my weight and measurement loss over the past year. I've JUST started using the run log on here, but I'm not sure how I feel about that yet!

Mr MattM

Who said I was addicted to running?

be curious; not judgmental

Chairman

My one true, uncontrollable addiction is procrastination. 

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

My phone and all things Kate Spade.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54