Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins belong in a museum! (Read 7 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's Go To An Art Museum Today Day (who comes up with these names??)!  I will not be going to an art museum, but I am working on samples today from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and that counts, right?  I finally got the first sample analyzed.  It was listed as "beige fur".  My two top hits came back as monkey proteins, but the other proteins came back as various rodents.  So I'm thinking it's fur from some kind of rodent, with contaminating monkey proteins -- like it was next to monkey hair, or there's monkey hair nearby on the statue, or something like that.  Hoping the rest of them at least turn out as well as the first.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have an RD or at the most weights, as we have a comedy show to go to tonight.  Sadly, it's not at an art day museum...

HopesMom, woah. I didn't know you sampled exotic things like that.  How often?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

This is my first set of "art" samples.  Other times it's cancer tissues, brain-dissolving amoebas, edible mushrooms, gonnorhea, exhaled breath, fruit fly brains, and tick salivary glands.

Never a dull moment!

Docket_Rocket

This is my first set of "art" samples.  Other times it's cancer tissues, brain-dissolving amoebas, edible mushrooms, gonnorhea, exhaled breath, fruit fly brains, and tick salivary glands.

Never a dull moment!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - analyzing such a wide variety of things must help keep it interesting.

D - which comic?

I did 7 miles on the TM. It was a cold drizzly day here.

Docket_Rocket

Josh Blue, the guy that won The Last Comic Standing, the guy with cerebral palsy. It was very good.

Damaris

Fundraising Page