Beginners and Beyond

The Saturday Penguin Post (Read 24 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Indeed, let's get lazy!!!  I'm gonna do one worse than Jack.......I'm going to fix a sprinkler today.  By that, I mean, unscrew the top of the broken one and screw in the $1 replacement in all of about 15 second's time.  Then I'm going to kick up my feet. 

I rode the bike down to the local HS.  Ran a couple miles at the track.  Ran a few sets of bleachers.  Hopped back on the bike & rode home.  I had more energy when I woke up but lazy has pulled ahead in the battle for my attention. 

Randy

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Got me some Asics Kayano 20s. I thought maybe I needed something more neutral. Turns out NO....the guy at the LRS said I reallllly need to stick to stability. He said my current shoe the Wave Inspire 9s were still a good fit but let me try some different shoes. The Kayanos were heaven for me. I had to buy them. Obviously they had to be more expensive than the Inspires. But they just feel fabulous. I took them for a spin....I couldn't resist. 2 miles OUTSIDE (first outdoor run in 7 weeks!) woo woo! I still did run/walk intervals but it felt great and the shoes felt great!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jack, it will be a Deschutes Red Chair NWPA, unless we have fish.  Then it will be cheap white wine.

GinnyinPA

Nice shoes Kirstin.  I like Asics a lot.  Sounds like a good day for you.

The snow didn't come and neither did our houseguest.  He got scared off by the forecast.  So I got on the TM and ran 3.5, then DH and I took Ben out to the park where they had plowed the paved trails so we got another 3 miles there.  Not as lazy a day as I expected.

hog4life

I wish I could wear the Asics, but the toe box is a bit too narrow.

Kristin, I had the same issue my last trip to LRS. I thought I might need more neutral since I'm on my forefoot more. But turns out that wasn't the case, still needed stability. I really liked the neutrals so much, the over pronation was so slight, that they suggested Power Step inserts to help correct some, and I bought them. Brooks Glycerin for $145! I also have the Brooks Ravenna, which is a light stability shoe, compared to the Brooks Adrenalins which have more support.

SheCan

kristin-- wooohoooo@ the outdoor run!  You're getting there.  Even better that you did it in your cool, new shoes.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Kristin- Hooray for running and for new shoes!

Here is my cookies and cream cake for DD's 16th:

Docket_Rocket

Love it.  Send it to me. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page