Beginners and Beyond

Early Bird Penguin's WednesDAILY (Read 23 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

I didn't say much about her passing as it was too heartbreaking. She had a good life (11.5 yrs). The vet we took her to cremated her for us and took her paw prints and put them in a ceramic display. My brother-in-law made a nice urn for her. So now we have a shelf with her urn, some photos, and some of her favorite toys on display.

This sounds really sweet!  We have a box with Hope's ashes, but nothing else.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning.  SRD #10.  I have a cold and have to go in for an early meeting.  Boo!

I'll be happy to give you a chest rub!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi pens!

HopesMom I wish I could let you borrow my knees for a couple weeks - they're in good working condition and I'm not getting any use out of them right now.

Check out my sweet floater! I only jacked it from the website because I'm totally going to buy it in a couple weeks when I have money again Big grin

Nice photo!  I'd chase those legs any time!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I don't mind the temperatures right now, but it is only October. This is just the beginning. The family is doing good. Unfortunately Baylee is no longer with us. She passed away Sept. 9, 2013, from a tumor. We spotted the tumor on Friday and she was scheduled for surgery on the following Tuesday. The only problem was it grew too quickly and got into her lymph nodes. Instead of trying to prolong her life and possibly have her suffer, we decided it was time to say goodbye. The doctor informed us even if we did chemo, she would only live a month longer at best. It was time and she knew it.

After some time had passed we looked into adopting another. We traveled to California to adopt Leonard (Leo) because our house was too quiet without Baylee and Penny (our cat) walked around the house crying for her companion. He has been the best addition because Penny and Leo are the best of snuggle buddies!

So sorry about Baylee, Rach.  Pets become members of the family and losing them is hard.

Black ice already?  Dang...I live in San Antonio and if it gets below 55 degrees, I break out my long-sleeved shirts, lol.   I definitely prefer warm weather to cold...and I don't care if I never see another snow-storm again! (I used to live in Ohio and in England, where the weather would get periodically really crazy).

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Time for me to go home from work (I work 7 a.m - 4 PM central time)...well to go for my run anyway.   Chat with y'all tomorrow!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice photo!  I'd chase those legs any time!

No way you will keep up with Lauren, Scott (not even post op).

6 miles for us. Wanted to go 6 and the bike path was flooded right at our turnaround.  For the most part, we were close to 10:00.  Starting to think of a PR on Sunday ???    I think the inspiration from the Chicago Marathoners (Docket) is sticking with me.