Beginners and Beyond

Too Nice TuesDailies (Read 21 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My 2018 NY Marathon.  See the two on the right in full leggings, long sleeves, and vests.  Granted, there is a wide range of dress in this shot, but they're at the extreme end.  It's one of those things I don't understand but just have to accept.

One issue the slower runners at NY have is they don't start until mid-morning and since it's November the sun is already going down when they finish, so for them it's often colder by the end than it was at the start.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

KCRuns

Screenshot of my Boston finish line video. A day when it was sunny, humid, and about 70 degrees by that point. Note the woman near the top left—wearing a JACKET at 26.2 miles. (A Boston jacket of course!) Unfathomable. 

I wonder if someone she knew was posted near the finish to hand it to her for the finish photo or if she really ran 26.2 miles wearing it.

I understand being over/under dressed, especially as the seasons change, but the guy in the balaclava with his full face/head/neck covered up just made me laugh.  It's easy enough to take that thing off if it's too warm.  I would have passed out this morning if I was wearing that thing.

Docket_Rocket

They all must be from Miami. I even saw races in Miami in the 79+ range and people were wearing tights. Black tights, black top (longsleeves some), etc.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

8.2 miles with 12 x 400 / 90s jog. Went ok and I didn't trip on any broken sidewalks.

I didn't trip on any broken sidewalks.

I get PTSD just reading this—that feeling for a split second when you’ve tripped, you know you’re going down on the pavement, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I get PTSD just reading this—that feeling for a split second when you’ve tripped, you know you’re going down on the pavement, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Lately, I've been stepping with my ankle at wonky angles but thankfully no damage yet. Several areas of sidewalks messed up by tree roots.

Last week, MrW was running with a friend who had a spectacular fall, bloody hands and knees. And had been holding a dog leash (which didn't cause the fall) but left MrW chasing down the dog while friend was bleeding all over the path.

8 combined... the most for me this year so far.

Oops, my memory ain’t so good... I had eked out two 8s in March and two in April.... it just seems like it was forever-ago

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Hi all,

I think it's been a year or so since I was last active in the forum. If ok, I would like to begin contributing again. I think I got so discouraged with COVID, tons of work, cancellation of Boston and the flare-ups of some chronic injuries that I just stopped posting. That said, I've been lurking on and off, because I enjoy the camaraderie and discussions, but didn't want to get active again until I felt I was making some progress in the issues above. Well, COVID seems to subsiding, work is becoming more manageable, Boston will happen (without me, I missed the new cut-off by about 1:15) and my chronic issues, particularly proximal hamstring tendinopathy, seem to be in remission (after a few months of low, mostly slow miles). In any case, I hope to contribute something useful, hope all is well with all of you, look forward to catching up.

wolvmar (Ken)

If ok, I would like to begin contributing again. 

We’ll allow it. Welcome back! Sucks about missing Boston. Hope the running gets back to normal, sounds like it’s moving in the right direction.

Dave

delicate flower

I hope to contribute something useful

Well this does not stop me from posting.  Welcome back, Ken!

<3

Cyberic

Well this does not stop me from posting.  Welcome back, Ken!

I would never post if it had to be useful.

Docket_Rocket

I would never post if it had to be useful.

Me either lol. 

welcome back, Wolvmar!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

welcome back, Wolvmar!

+1

And hopefully there will be less talk about Covid and more talk about races!

GinnyinPA

Welcome back!

I ran 7.2 on a warm sunny day. Since it was 80 feels like 85, i struggled a bit. I'm not ready for summer, but it's going to be arriving this week whether I'm ready or not. (90 on Sunday, if not before.)