Beginners and Beyond

Stop Lurking & Start Posting SaturDAILIES (Read 298 times)

delicate flower

Nice miles, again, this week!

Thanks!  Just chug chug chuggin' along.  Cool

<3

CrisRuns

Sike.

Just some minor stuff from the rigors of marathon training.  Achilles tendonitis and a hip problem.

:cheers: to a safe return to running.

Will run for scenery.

I can SEE you ......    Nice to have avatars working on the phone!

Kind of a sucky day. I went to do the Manitou Incline and my car started dying.  I nursed it to a gas station on the far edge of town.  Thought I'd let it cool off and hope it would work better. (ECU not working closed loop).

After walking across town I got to the Incline and started up.  Some folks stopped to rest right in the middle of the trail so I zip around them.  I should NOT have zipped.  Couple o' minutes later I'm suckin' air and out o' gas.  Those kind people passed me without a trace of spite, mirth, or condecending sympathy. Rest of rhe way up was hell.  I usually don't stop to rest ever. Today it was all about survival. I didn't make it to the top, but took the early exit instead.  First time ever.

Then the poo monster struck.  Fortunately I was packin' paper, but this is one busy trail, and there ain't much "off to the side of the trail" there.  Let's just say everything worked out okay in the end.

After getting down past the iciest part, I had a nice mile or so of continual downhill running which was nice.  I tried being extra-gentle on my knees (which oddly enough are my "achilles tendon") and it felt good.

Ran partway back across town to my car (some icy sidewalks, lotta waddlers) and my car would not start. No cell phone, so I had to find a pay phone (Try it!) and actually recall phone numbers from memory (I challenge you!).  After being ripped off for $1 in coins and $??? on my credit card for absolutely no help from directory assistance I found a phone book (remember those ?) and got home.

Now I'm beat, and think I'm gonna celebrate a longer tomorrow with gin and pork chops.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

They are?  Awesome!

I can SEE you ......    Nice to have avatars working on the phone!

Kind of a sucky day. I went to do the Manitou Incline and my car started dying.  I nursed it to a gas station on the far edge of town.  Thought I'd let it cool off and hope it would work better. (ECU not working closed loop).

After walking across town I got to the Incline and started up.  Some folks stopped to rest right in the middle of the trail so I zip around them.  I should NOT have zipped.  Couple o' minutes later I'm suckin' air and out o' gas.  Those kind people passed me without a trace of spite, mirth, or condecending sympathy. Rest of rhe way up was hell.  I usually don't stop to rest ever. Today it was all about survival. I didn't make it to the top, but took the early exit instead.  First time ever.

Then the poo monster struck.  Fortunately I was packin' paper, but this is one busy trail, and there ain't much "off to the side of the trail" there.  Let's just say everything worked out okay in the end.

After getting down past the iciest part, I had a nice mile or so of continual downhill running which was nice.  I tried being extra-gentle on my knees (which oddly enough are my "achilles tendon") and it felt good.

Ran partway back across town to my car (some icy sidewalks, lotta waddlers) and my car would not start. No cell phone, so I had to find a pay phone (Try it!) and actually recall phone numbers from memory (I challenge you!).  After being ripped off for $1 in coins and $??? on my credit card for absolutely no help from directory assistance I found a phone book (remember those ?) and got home.

Now I'm beat, and think I'm gonna celebrate a longer tomorrow with gin and pork chops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

They are?  Awesome!

Yep.  And although I can't post at all from Opera (which I began using b/c it was the only way I could post to that other site), in the stock browser I can now use the wysiwig editor.

Yay paragraphs!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Ran 8 this morning for my long run, have cross-training on the docket for tomorrow.  Legs felt good today and I was able to keep a slow pace. With the run today, was able to score a PR in weekly mileage!

Coastal

Did twelve and a half today.  I just love hail, not.

Back to lurking