Beginners and Beyond

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler Race Recap (Read 84 times)

"These are my tribe," I thought.

Love it.  Great report, Di, sounds like a lot of fun.

Congrats.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Thanks Jay!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

happylily

Great pictures! I'm so glad that you are running and racing again! Congratulations!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Great job! I enjoyed reading your report. I knew a few people running and volunteering at the race. I had considered registering this year, but wasn't sure if I was up for such an early morning. Hopefully I will remember/not wimp out when registration opens for next year. Tongue

Oh, and the juggler. I've seen him many a time at races. Like you,I think he's great unless he gets ahead of me. Big grin

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

delicate flower

Good stuff, Di!  So close to beating last year's time!  That's a good sign though, to come that close with your training being limited.  You'll hammer it next year (if you get in).

Love the pics too.  I've seen pics from DC races before and I always think of how cool it'd be to race around all those monuments.  Not a big deal to locals, I'm sure, just like me having access to the best maple syrup and seafood (not together) in the world any time I want it is no big deal.  Big grin   Mmmm....pancakes.....

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Great job!  Sucks the blossoms weren't really blossomed, I think someone said they're supposed to peak this weekend (I was up there Mon/Tues for work).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!