Beginners and Beyond

Just received the 235, screen stuck on logo (Read 28 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I'm either an idiot or just lucky enough to have received a shit watch, I got it out of the package and it was off or dead. So I stupidly plugged it into my computer with its charger thinking it would be a good idea to let it fully charge, it comes on just enough to show the logo but nothing else. And my computer is saying the usb is malfunctioned or it doesn't recognize it, so I unplugged it and plugged it in again, still the same thing. I plugged into a wall charger, nothing. I've taken it off the charger and tried turning it on, nothing, tried turning it off, nothing.. I am getting frustrated and wondering if I should get it exchanged or something, the manual doesn't say shit about quick start or what to do when you receive a fully dead watch or one that wasn't on. The stupid 25 was on and at like 85% when I got it, but not this one. I am seriously feeling like a rookie right now.... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So someone in the gears section told me to hold down the power button (hard reset) for 15 seconds, I unplugged it and did that. It turned off, then I tried to turn it back on, it would show the logo then go off. I decided "fuck it" and plugged it back in THEN tried to turn it on, it came on showing only 1% battery. I did the profile setting, now I guess I'll let it sit and charge and hope that'll fix it...

I don't like that it doesn't show the charge bar that goes around the screen like the 220, but I guess I'll accept it as long as the stupid thing works.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

It's not a stupid mistake. You're just freaking out. Leave it plugged in for a few hours, and then everything you read will work fine Smile

LRB

I am seriously feeling like a rookie right now.... 

Next time, let the kid handle the complicated stuff. It's one of the benefits of having them.

delicate flower

Try it now.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol it's on now, charging is up to 66% and it's showing a red bar coming along the side from the left. I'm pretty sure my son would've been pissed off too lol

PRs

sdWhiskers

Ha same thing happened to me! Glad you figured it out.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ha same thing happened to me! Glad you figured it out.

Lol I was about to have a meltdown.

PRs

LRB

Well?

Cyberic

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol it's working, or seems to be.... though I'm a little suspicious, I got it fully charged yesterday and took it for the hike which was 1:39:09 and it was down to 73%. Is that because the heart rate shit on this thing? I'm also wondering if I should turn bluetooth off when I'm not syncing it to my phone.... I just want this to last and I'm being paranoid and really nervous cause I really didn't have the $250 to spend on a new watch right now... I feel so guilty 

PRs

Cyberic

Lol it's working, or seems to be.... though I'm a little suspicious, I got it fully charged yesterday and took it for the hike which was 1:39:09 and it was down to 73%. Is that because the heart rate shit on this thing? I'm also wondering if I should turn bluetooth off when I'm not syncing it to my phone.... I just want this to last and I'm being paranoid and really nervous cause I really didn't have the $250 to spend on a new watch right now... I feel so guilty 

Sounds about right for the battery IMO. You can turn off wrist HRM and bluetooth and save battery, or you can charge it more often. I choose the latter. I have the habit of charging my watches every day, whatever the battery is at. I bring it up to 100% every day. People will tell you batteries have memories and so on, but 1) I think they're wrong. That was the old ni-cd rechargeable batteries, not the newer ni-mh, and 2) I don't GAF if they're right or not. I haven't noticed my watch batteries get older faster than other people who charge every 3-4 days or even more.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sounds about right for the battery IMO. You can turn off wrist HRM and bluetooth and save battery, or you can charge it more often. I choose the latter. I have the habit of charging my watches every day, whatever the battery is at. I bring it up to 100% every day. People will tell you batteries have memories and so on, but 1) I think they're wrong. That was the old ni-cd rechargeable batteries, not the newer ni-mh, and 2) I don't GAF if they're right or not. I haven't noticed my watch batteries get older faster than other people who charge every 3-4 days or even more.

See I wanna do that but read it's better to let it reach nearly dead before charging...... fuck that

PRs

Cyberic

See I wanna do that but read it's better to let it reach nearly dead before charging...... fuck that

Yep, that's what people say, and am no expert, just sharing what I do, and how it works for me. I do know one thing: I never run out of battery, because I always start with a near full charge.

I do not leave it plugged in all day, though. I charge it and I go check after 30-45 minutes and when if it's full charge I unplug it. It doesn't take long since the battery is almost never under 75%

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yep, that's what people say, and am no expert, just sharing what I do, and how it works for me. I do know one thing: I never run out of battery, because I always start with a near full charge.

I do not leave it plugged in all day, though. I charge it and I go check after 30-45 minutes and when if it's full charge I unplug it. It doesn't take long since the battery is almost never under 75%

I actually read up on it last night, it is not a good idea lol

That was the case with nickel-ion batteries, but lithium-ion battier do not need to drain before charging. Apparently lithium-ion batteries come with a fixed amount of charge cycles (the # of times you can charge up to 100 Percent and run down to 0).

So I won't be doing that shit anymore, but I would mainly get all my weekly runs in as I could without charging before plugging it in the day before my long run.

PRs