Beginners and Beyond

Care bears and rainbows. :) (Read 526 times)

Yeah, we should first learn to speak their language, earn proper citizenship, and assimilate ourselves into their culture before posting a bunch of threads. 

^ this.  I was thinking the same thing.

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Jabberwocky

Yeah, lots of bitterness among those posts.  They had a small, private place where everybody knew everybody else's name.  We messed it up. 

I don't see "acceptance" coming any time soon. 

Hip Redux

Actually, I think they've been particularly helpful in trying to get the RWOLers set up.   Are a couple of people taking jabs?  Sure.  But any forum would have done the same thing if 200 new people showed up and started literally dozens of threads on being a "refugee" from another forum blah blah.

It's not a big deal.  In fact, it's good to be able to laugh at stuff like this.  Don't take it personally.

LRB

Acceptance is irrelevant.  Coexistence like respect, is earned.

Hilary, I do not care make it a symbol if you want just change it.

delicate flower

Seems pretty harmless to me.

<3

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Probably harmless...but it makes me think about what we all would have done or felt like if the BF (the spam-free old BF) had been invaded by a few hundred new people.  I actually thought to myself the other day that everyone is describing it as a "migration" but the RA regulars probably see it more as an "invasion." 

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

runfoolery

Gummi bears > care bears

Nevrgivup

Yeah, I agree that it probably does seem like an invasion to them. Its ok. I won't take it personal. I was just saying I don't do well with mockery. That's all. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

LRB

Probably harmless...but it makes me think about what we all would have done or felt like if the BF (the spam-free old BF) had been invaded by a few hundred new people.  I actually thought to myself the other day that everyone is describing it as a "migration" but the RA regulars probably see it more as an "invasion." 

What's shakin' bacon; wanna dance?

delicate flower

Gummi bears > care bears

Haribo.

<3

Jabberwocky

It's like a bunch of high school kids who have had their clique invaded.  Who needs the drama?

Hip Redux

Haribo.

Yes, please.  

RunJasonRun

I just posted in that thread to put their minds at ease. 

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Nevrgivup

care bears

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Shakedown Street

I think we just found more of our kind here.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)