Beginners and Beyond

Where the heck is the bartender? It's Friday (Read 225 times)

Love the Half

Final beer of the evening and I definitely saved the best for last.  Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout.

Wow.  This is one good beer.  Huge malt profile and just when you think you found some hops, you find more malt.  Enormous tastes of dark chocolate and molasses with darkly roasted malt front, middle, and back.  Yeah, there are hops in this beer but any bitterness is coming primarily from the dark roasting rather than from the hops.  10.6% a.b.v. is amazingly well  hidden.  There is an initial khaki head that recedes quickly and disappears completely with no lacing.  That's not at all surprising with the a.b.v.  Mouthfeel is exceptionally creamy with little carbonation.

Just an excellent imperial stout.  Another great job by the folks at Sierra Nevada.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

sugnim

Vinted at a winery that is on  my running route in the mountains of Western Montana, and made of apples from a friend's orchard.  Tasty stuff.

Love the Half

Wonder if they make any mead? 

Vinted at a winery that is on  my running route in the mountains of Western Montana, and made of apples from a friend's orchard.  Tasty stuff.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

dog person

Breaking out the good stuff tonight - and its a tall boy

Kristian

Wandering Wally

G&T please with a heavy squeeze of lime.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast