Beginners and Beyond

Black Fridailies (Read 42 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lots of Ainsley’s Angels at most of the races locally, partly because Ainsley had a family connection to the area. They usually start them at the front and not many runners manage to beat them. Unless you have a direct connection to the rider you have to demonstrate some fast races before they let you push.

Best solution I’ve seen had the chairs lined up on one side of the road and the runners on the other.

This is how the local group does it. It's just there isn't enough time to let them get ahead.

For the local group, you are supposed to be able to run the whole distance, but there is no pace requirement. There is a fundraising requirement as a condition to participate.....

oldfartrunner

Got 4 more for a 58 mile week. Smile I'm done until Monday.

Shortii:  4'-11" .  My wife is 4'-11" too, and it's very hard to find her little ass in Wal-mart.  No way we would go out on Black Friday!

LM: You are going to be fine then.  Maybe you can help Quick out with a small personal use dose.  Of course down in the swamp, they like that moonshine for sure, so he will be fine too.

See!!! Told you all! We need races that only allow RUNNNERS, not chair pushes, money raisers, walkers and strollers. But the genie is out of the bottle now, so it probably won't work. Sad

Half Crazy K 2.0

See!!! Told you all! We need races that only allow RUNNNERS, not chair pushes, money raisers, walkers and strollers. But the genie is out of the bottle now, so it probably won't work. Sad

A race group, which I think is now defunct, decided they were going to put on a 5k for SERIOUS RUNNERS ONLY. They were begging on Facebook for registrations up until race day. I think they got maybe 40 people. The kicker was that for the SERIOUS event, there would be no port-a-pots or bathroom facilities. Guess to pay out prize money, they had to decide what expenses to cut.  I skipped that one. I still wonder how many men were watering buildings in the upscale downtown area pre-race.

In all seriousness, the local running clubs here tend to have some no frills races that only bring out runners. They are usually low (or no) cost, no shirts, medals, fancy food, beer, AG awards etc. Show up, run, get light post race refreshments, go home. In a huge race like the Baltimore running festival, my 10:30 pace put me in the top 40-50% of runners. At a club 10 miler, 9:50 pace put me in the bottom 15% of the results.

A race group, which I think is now defunct, decided they were going to put on a 5k for SERIOUS RUNNERS ONLY. They were begging on Facebook for registrations up until race day. I think they got maybe 40 people. The kicker was that for the SERIOUS event, there would be no port-a-pots or bathroom facilities. Guess to pay out prize money, they had to decide what expenses to cut.  I skipped that one. I still wonder how many men were watering buildings in the upscale downtown area pre-race.

In all seriousness, the local running clubs here tend to have some no frills races that only bring out runners. They are usually low (or no) cost, no shirts, medals, fancy food, beer, AG awards etc. Show up, run, get light post race refreshments, go home. In a huge race like the Baltimore running festival, my 10:30 pace put me in the top 40-50% of runners. At a club 10 miler, 9:50 pace put me in the bottom 15% of the results.

No serious runner would get anywhere near that race. Available bathroom facilities are as much a part of a race as a clock.

I would much rather have a no-frills race. But I realize the frills attract the more casual runners, which greatly outnumber the serious ones, and keep the races in business.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

No serious runner would get anywhere near that race. Available bathroom facilities are as much a part of a race as a clock.

I would much rather have a no-frills race. But I realize the frills attract the more casual runners, which greatly outnumber the serious ones, and keep the races in business.

I'm pretty much conditioned to need to go after my warm up.