Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 31 times)

onemile

The power just went out on our city block...

at work or at home?

delicate flower

at work or at home?

Work, but it's back on now.  Apparently a power company employee unplugged a cord or something.  I was about two minutes away from sending my staff home.

<3

LRB

I think someone must have used a neuralizer on me to completely block all memories of Midwest race schedules.

It's useless information. You're doing it right. 👍

Half Crazy K 2.0

And here I thought the hill in my 5k earlier this month was steep. I feel like a wimp now., although in my defense, when I looked straight ahead and could see the road coming up but not the bottom of the hill, I think that means it's steep. I did decide to pass on a half in October that sounded really cool--it's on the old turnpike in PA. I thought the course map had to be incorrect, it should something like 600-800 feet of gain (and then loss) over a mile going through a tunnel. Nope, nope and nope.

Runshortii

I ran 5. 189.9. New monthly high by over 20 miles.

delicate flower

Easy ride done with the wife.  Now I can race my run in the morning.

For the month:

Swim - 21.7

Bike - 532.1

Run - 131.4

58 hours of training is my second most in a month.

<3

I ran 5. 189.9. New monthly high by over 20 miles.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles ending in the rain. 155 miles for the month, highest this year.

5 miles ending in the rain. 155 miles for the month, highest this year.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Wait, are you doing both? I thought they were usually the same day.

Yes, they are one week apart.  They have been in the last few years that I have checked.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Chicago is two weeks before detroit. It used to be one week until they changed it...or vice versa.

One week, one week!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I ran 4.  Back to my Altras and the knee felt awesome.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

25 trainer miles.  And climbing is fun when you have the audacity to attempt something you know you can't send, especially when it's on a slanted wall so that when you inevitably fall off you get to swiiiiiing way out and fly.  (I'm not being sarcastic, it really was fun. And a little terrifying.)

Can't decide what's more gnarly: runners' feet or climbers' hands...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog