Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Celebrating the weekend like... (Read 23 times)

delicate flower

Baboon, nicce race! Yikes on bleeding through your shoes. I did one HM where I had blister issues leading up to it and after it hurting the full race, I refused to look at my shoe until I got home for fear of what I was going to see. Wound up with a blood blister.

This was the culprit!

10 miles, first double digit run since Covid. And it went great! 

WOO HOO!!!

<3

Cyberic

They are a lot more similar to the Nikes than I expected. The VF is maybe a little softer but really similar. I don't think you are missing much if you can't run in Nikes. But I should probably try a workout in these first

What about comfort? We don't have the same foot shape, but I'm asking for you. And don't have to answer now, but eventually. The VF look like freak shoes whereas the Endorphin look more like regular shoes, and they do feel pretty much like regular shoes, except for the "rocker" thing. But I would think the VF feel different, and different can be good, bad or simply different.

delicate flower

Our local college football team is the UConn Huskies.   x infinity

<3

onemile

What about comfort? We don't have the same foot shape, but I'm asking for you. And don't have to answer now, but eventually. The VF look like freak shoes whereas the Endorphin look more like regular shoes, and they do feel pretty much like regular shoes, except for the "rocker" thing. But I would think the VF feel different, and different can be good, bad or simply different.

So the Saucony feels more compact (the footprint of the sole feels less wide, shorter and without the weird tail) and the stack height? is not so ridiculous. The VF has a slightly more "squishy " feel when running and a slightly wider toebox (but both are more on the narrow side).  But the ride is similar, bouncy springy feel. And both feel very cushioned.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

baboon - nice job on the race in the middle of the long run. I think I'm going to try that next weekend. Sorry about the Huskies, the football Huskies at least.

lots of good runs today!

Sorry about the Huskies, the football Huskies at least.

This can be all-inclusive to cover UW as well.

Dave

LRB

#1 vs #11 had a lull early but has since been very entertaining.

LRB

Think Imma try my first oatmeal bake. 🤔

sdWhiskers

Our local college football team is the UConn Huskies.   x infinity

I have a dumb story about UConn.

When I was in high school, I was a math nerd and one math teacher was the boys basketball coach, so I helped him keep stats for the team, attending all games. They were always calling a play "UConn! UConn!". I completely thought it was Yukon (like in Canada, lol). It wasn't until I moved to CT several years later that I learned UConn is a school and has really good men and women's basketball teams, so that would make more sense for the name of the play 

LRB

#22 at #10 is looking mighty fine at the moment. Go State!

LRB

Think Imma try my first oatmeal bake. 🤔

Cranberries, raisins, gold raisins, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, blueberries, peaches, old fashioned oats, steel cut oats and some assorted flavorings that completely blew my socks off! 🚀

GinnyinPA

LRB - that sounds delicious!

Some very nice runs today.

Baboon - congratulations on the AG award when you weren't even trying.

Hot and humid here (85 feels like 95 this afternoon) so I did 7 on the TM. Cool down is coming ;-)I'm finding that as long as I walk for 5-10 minutes first and sometimes in the middle, I can finish my runs without a lot of pain. Afterwards is another story, but at least I can still run.

Cranberries, raisins, gold raisins, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, blueberries, peaches, old fashioned oats, steel cut oats and some assorted flavorings that completely blew my socks off! 🚀

Yum! I love baked oatmeal, and I love loading up oatmeal with stuff in general. My regular morning oatmeal gets golden raisins, dried cranberries, whole raw almonds, and blueberries. 

Why not oatmeal cookies? I’ve heard you’re a fan. 

mta: lol, I just coincidentally came across this:

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Lol. I resemble that. I don’t like oatmeal. I leaves me hungry and it tastes like sand. I have to add shit to it to like it and it leaves me hungry. I eat eggs and bacon or ham and veggies for breakfast daily.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Yum! I love baked oatmeal, and I love loading up oatmeal with stuff in general. My regular morning oatmeal gets golden raisins, dried cranberries, whole raw almonds, and blueberries. 

Why not oatmeal cookies? I’ve heard you’re a fan. 

mta: lol, I just coincidentally came across this:

That's a great idea. I've never baked those.