Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies on the 14th (Read 27 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights. Took as nap as soon as I came home from work and just didn't feel like a run.

Runshortii, I would guess the heart rate changes can be heat related. I see a pretty big swing--like 15-20 bpm for easy runs in cool temps versus heat.

LRB

HELLO!  I raced my off road sprint tri last night (450 yard swim, 5 mile mountain bike, 5K trail run).  This was my fifth time doing one of these races but my first since 2015.  My course PB was 1:03:08 and I wanted to beat that.  I came in at 1:03:54.

Excuses:

1. The bike was extended a half mile, which doesn't sound like much but adds 3-4 minutes.
      2. 94 degrees with a 72 dew point made for some rough going, especially on the run.
      3. I had a fairly hard bike workout in the morning.

That being said, I had a good race.  Big improvement on the swim,  my bike speed was best yet, and I beat a handful of guys I've never beaten before.  Two of the guys I passed on the run I was thinking "Holy crap, I'm passing HIM??"  I also self seeded myself in "Wave 1" which is supposed to be just the fast people (sub-65 minutes).  It's good to know I belong there.

23/73 OA, 4/9 AG.  These races always attract a strong field for whatever reason.  I used to be in the bottom half, so I am really happy about this.  My swimming is starting to catch up to my biking, though neither will ever be as strong as my run.

Speaking of run, tempo run tonight.  

You have the energy of a lightening bolt!

Nice job in the wet toaster oven! When you say your bike speed was the best yet, are you talking overall or for off road? Is Virginia this year's goal tri or do you have one of those?

LRB

I am in Long Island on business, and went down to the Mets game last night. Which was awesome, because the Cubs were in town and destroyed the Mets 14-3. It was 96 degrees at game time, and didn't cool off a whole lot. So I did my best to keep hydrated, with electrolytes provided by barley & hops. Got back to my hotel around midnight, so wasn't going to get up early this morning to run. Maybe this evening.

Color me green with envy. Not so much that you got to see your home team, but just being in another major league stadium. To hop around the country and see a few of those is a long term goal of mine. Do you have a running count of stadiums you've visited?

LRB

8 miles. At night!

#dedication

Are you starting your new cycle next week?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 5 outside with hubby.  I have now 10 mosquito bites and I hope I don't get Zika before my marathon this weekend (or ever).

The guy that is fixing my TM is coming tomorrow and he thinks with the parts Sole sent he can fix it in like 30 minutes!!!

Damaris

LRB

Ran 5 outside with hubby.  I have now 10 mosquito bites and I hope I don't get Zika before my marathon this weekend (or ever).

The guy that is fixing my TM is coming tomorrow and he thinks with the parts Sole sent he can fix it in like 30 minutes!!!

Wait, MARATHON?

Color me green with envy. Not so much that you got to see your home team, but just being in another major league stadium. To hop around the country and see a few of those is a long term goal of mine. Do you have a running count of stadiums you've visited?

What's ironic is that it was only after I got there that I thought to check the schedule to see if the Mets were in town. And only when I did, I realized the Cubs were coming. So didn't even have any Cubs gear. (Probably saved me a good beating.) Once I did, I knew I had to make it happen. I imagined what an amazing hassle it would be to drive to the stadium at rush hour, and deal with parking. But I took the train, so it was hassle free. Well maybe a lot of hassle, but less stress. Still a major time investment, which I don't always have on business trips. I basically left my hotel at 4 and got back at midnight. Of course I like to get to the park early and will not leave before the game ends.

I have not counted ballparks, but I suppose it's a pretty good number. I should make a list. I probably did more of it in my younger days, and now there's a whole new crop of parks they've built. I guess that means more opportunity.

Dave

Wait, MARATHON?

Rock & Roll Seattle, baby!

Dave

#dedication

Are you starting your new cycle next week?

Still can't think about that. I think my pre-BQ deadline race is probably out.

Dave

Nice! I only have two awards that look sort of like actual awards, and they are both on display (on the dresser in my bedroom).

This came in the mail today.  I had no idea they were going to mail it. It was such a crappy race for me I didn't even think of checking my placing afterwards.

Dave

LRB

What's ironic is that it was only after I got there that I thought to check the schedule to see if the Mets were in town. And only when I did, I realized the Cubs were coming. So didn't even have any Cubs gear. (Probably saved me a good beating.) Once I did, I knew I had to make it happen. I imagined what an amazing hassle it would be to drive to the stadium at rush hour, and deal with parking. But I took the train, so it was hassle free. Well maybe a lot of hassle, but less stress. Still a major time investment, which I don't always have on business trips. I basically left my hotel at 4 and got back at midnight. Of course I like to get to the park early and will not leave before the game ends.

I have not counted ballparks, but I suppose it's a pretty good number. I should make a list. I probably did more of it in my younger days, and now there's a whole new crop of parks they've built. I guess that means more opportunity.

Impressive!

Impressive!

BTW - despite being hot as balls, and cooling off tonight, I went last night because Jon Lester was pitching. Made the right call, since the Cubs just lost 9-4 moments ago, as I watched from the bar at Houlihan's. Also I wouldn't have been able to go tonight anyway, since I unexpectedly had some late work stuff, so I would've been pissed if I held off.

Dave

You inspired me to make a list. Best I can recall, 26.

Dave