Beginners and Beyond

Race Day Saturday! (Read 51 times)

onemile

Not at all, was hoping for about 9 minutes faster. And my Garmin decided to alternate between world record mile pace and walking pace between miles 4 and 5.

9 minutes is quite a difference...any idea what happened?

onemile

I ran for an hour

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 minutes is quite a difference...any idea what happened?

Not really sure, other than it just wasn't my day. The latter part I was trying not to barf up Gu or have it come out the other end in the middle of the woods.

onemile

Not really sure, other than it just wasn't my day. The latter part I was trying not to barf up Gu or have it come out the other end in the middle of the woods.

that sounds rough

LRB

None of the "pint" glasses I have won racing hold an actual pint of liquid. #feelingcheated

None of the "pint" glasses I have won racing hold an actual pint of liquid. #feelingcheated

Did you just go and measure them all? Or did you try to drink 16 oz of beer from each one?

Dave

LRB

Did you just go and measure them all? Or did you try to drink 16 oz of beer from each one?

I normally buy 12 ounce bottles and have never paid attention, I guess. I've been drinking 16 ounce cans this weekend however and noticed it.

Thats a tough day...sorry

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

hog4life

I did a little 3.5 run with Bella, first run post 50k and things felt ok.

Half, sounds like a rough day.

oldfartrunner

Half Crazy: Sorry the race didn't turn out for ya. Sad

ZZ: Cool pic!

Bread: Crazy workout Dude!

onemile: Looks like you are back at it. Smile

Jay:  Nice workout!

Damaris & Baboon: Good luck! Weather looks good. Smile

I don't know how to put a map from my training log here (LRB, Baboon, DavePNW???), 

Sorry IDK either, other than take a screenshot & post like any other pic.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Sorry IDK either, other than take a screenshot & post like any other pic.

Not sure if she means on the Maps section of the group. Someone did upload a map but I have never tried.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Coastal

Good luck HCK!

6 miles in Lincoln City, OR. Which is on the coast, but sadly there's no way to actually run along the ocean. Unless I want to run on the sand, and FTS. So I run along the main highway which runs parallel to the coastline, but can't actually see the ocean except in one spot where it opens up. #coolstorybro

Nice run.  That town doesn't seem to be laid out in a runner friendly way.  I'm not a real fan of running on the beach, either.  Something about sand grinding into your feet isn't appealing.  We have an annual trail 10K that runs out a sand spit, then cuts through the dunes and back along an access road.  Every year someone asks if I'm going to do it and the answer is always "NO."  Oh, to answer your question from the other day, I'm a bit farther north up near the bay.

If you want to run along the coast, check this out.  https://threecapesrelay.oregoncoastalflowers.com/  It's a blast.

If you want to run along the coast, check this out.  https://threecapesrelay.oregoncoastalflowers.com/  It's a blast.

Thanks, that looks fun. 

MTA: the race is a mix of solo runners and relay teams of 2-5 people. The solo winner finished that course in 2:38. FFS.

It actually does look like something maybe neat to try, now that I don't care so much about BQing anymore.

Dave