Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are busy you know, Tuesday'ing (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

9 miles done. I sweated more than a run in Miami. Damn TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

http://gpsinformation.net/main/altitude.htm

With most low cost GPS receivers, the horizontal error (without SA now that it is off) is specified to be within about +/- 15 meters (50 feet) 95% of the time.

AND..  5% of the time,  the error may be "any value" from zero to whatever"

Altitude error is always considerably worse than the horizontal (position error). Much of this is a matter of geometry.

In any case, it is extremely unwise to overly depend on the altitude readout of a GPS. Those who use GPS altitude to aid in landing their small plane should have their insurance policies paid up at all times.

LRB

9 miles done. I sweated more than a run in Miami. Damn TM.

Where were you? It looks like an office with those hardwood floors.

onemile

I was supposed to do 8 but ended up cutting it short at 5. So I guess I will swap it with Friday's 5 miler. I think I should have just taken a rest day yesterday like I wanted.

Docket_Rocket

Where were you? It looks like an office with those hardwood floors.

It's a government training facility. The gym has hardwood floors which I find weird.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I was supposed to do 8 but ended up cutting it short at 5. So I guess I will swap it with Friday's 5 miler. I think I should have just taken a rest day yesterday like I wanted.

It's been rough. I did 6 instead of 7 and even that sucked.

LRB

It's a government training facility. The gym has hardwood floors which I find weird.

Are you going covert? What did I miss?

No more marathons

Coach gave me one of my least favorite workouts today - hill repeats.

5 X 2 minutes at 10K effort (whatever that is) and then 4 X 45 seconds at mile effort.

Basically run as hard as you can for as long as you can.

One thing I like about Strava is they have that Grade Adjusted Pace (GAP) that supposedly gives you an adjusted equivalent pace for whatever grade you are on.  Not sure how accurate that is, but -----

So my actual average time on the 2 minute drills was about 7:43 per mile and the GAP was 6:23  I figure my 10K pace is in the 7:20 area so I had that pretty well surrounded.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

It's been rough. I did 6 instead of 7 and even that sucked.

Just this past week I have been feeling exhausted. I was doing ok up until then.

Doesn't help that the dogs (Bruno) have decided 5am is wake up time now that it's getting light out

LRB

Just this past week I have been feeling exhausted. I was doing ok up until then.

Doesn't help that the dogs (Bruno) have decided 5am is wake up time now that it's getting light out

That's my wakeup call.

You could get up and jog on the days you don't have quality and run his ass ragged. That'll learn him. lol

Docket_Rocket

Are you going covert? What did I miss?

LOL, no.  The facility is called the National Advocacy Center.  It's not a secret facility, but it was ordered by Clinton to have a training facility for the whole DOJ to train.

It has a hotel, training rooms, courtrooms, a gym, a weight room, and a lounge (restaurant).  It also has free breakfast and lunch adn it's among the best food I've ever had.  You don't ever have to leave the place.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I get that sometimes. I had it this week. Usually a combination of hard running and not enough sleep. Feeling good this morning, finally.