Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Nice pics, Doug!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

First official marathon is in the books.  I ran it in 5:09.  There were 16 participants and I finished 15th.  We ran laps around our local lake.  It's 6.9 miles around.  The first lap was short so we'd end up with the right distance.  It turned into a mental challenge more than anything.  By the 4th lap I was just ready to be done.  My goals were:

1. Show up healthy - Done!
      2. Finish - Done!
      3. Beat David Lee Roth's time of 6:04 from his one and only marathon - Done!

I'm going to take the next week or so off and just enjoy the holiday.  Then I have some work to do to be ready for the 50K in August.

Doug - Nice pics!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations, Michael!  Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi. Quincy is sick. He has thrown up 3 times. Waiting to see if he doesn't keep the water down he just drank we will have to go to the doggie hospital. His tail still looks bad here he won't stop licking it.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Doug - Nice pics!

Mike - Major congrats!  Great job!

Marjorie - Poor puppy.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Boo.  Hope he feels better.

Hi. Quincy is sick. He has thrown up 3 times. Waiting to see if he doesn't keep the water down he just drank we will have to go to the doggie hospital. His tail still looks bad here he won't stop licking it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Seems ok now. So hope he won't have to go. Will try some food in a bit.

Either way he will have to go to his regular vet. His tail and butt are raw. He probably has an infection. He went last week on Wed. They emptied the anal glands but he is still licking it.

Marjorie

Mike, congrats on your first marathon!  That's so exciting, I hope you enjoyed every minute of it.  And congrats on beating Roth, Woohoo!  Best of luck in the upcoming 50k trail race.  Completely different animal!

Marjorie, hope the pooch is feeling better.

Doug, great pics.

Yo Damaris and Pam!   Happy Sunday.

Spent about 5 hours out doing trail maintenance today.  One of our go-to lake trails had gotten so overgrown that we couldn't run it anymore.  So a bunch of us spent the afternoon clearing it out.  One guy brought his tractor and mower, that helped a bunch.  I pushed a string trimmer through a lot of waist high grass.  Hard work!  Then cleared out 1 a mile section of single track with my loppers and weedeater.  We made a dent, but still another day of work is needed.  We have a race there in 4 months, so we'll have to clean it up at least one more time.  So much rain this year, it's growing like a jungle.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Running_Coder

Hi Gang!

Mike - CONGRATS!!!  Your a marathoner!  Smile

Doug - Nice pics!  I agree with you, hopefully they wait to start a family.

Marjorie Ann - Hi!  I hope your dog feels better soon.  I'm from the old thread on Runner's World and just now wandered in here.  I'm Neil's (Crew Dawg's) wife.

Van - That sounds like hard work!  You deserve a beer.

Hey Mary, are you still working from home?  Is your daughter ready for her senior year?

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Running_Coder

Van - I still work from home for the same hospital for almost 4 years and loving it.   My daughter is very excited about her senior year.  I saw where you posted about your daughter having her senior pictures done.   I need to start thinking about that too.  Surprised (shock that she is that old and happy at the same time).

Doug - I saw something about job interviews?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi Mary.

Quincy is fine now. Still licking do he does need to go in. Guess it is what dh gets for not having the vet see him and just having the tech express the gland. He was licking like mad before And the area was raw. Me thinks he has a bit if an infection too. Poor doggie. So back he will go.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Van - I still work from home for the same hospital for almost 4 years and loving it.   My daughter is very excited about her senior year.  I saw where you posted about your daughter having her senior pictures done.   I need to start thinking about that too.  Surprised (shock that she is that old and happy at the same time).

Doug - I saw something about job interviews?

Yep, doing the job change thing right now.  Not because I want to but because I need to.  Projects here at work are winding down and we are reducing our field workforce by over 60% and the office has to scale back as well.  I was informed that i will be laid off and my last day here is July 12th.

I am currently in the interview process with a company up by Midway Airport.  I will have interview #3 with the company today so hopefully that means a job offer will come very soon.  I am driving 30 miles each way to get to work now and the new company will be 50 miles each way so not really that much more each week, about 2/3rds of a tank of fuel more.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Good luck, Doug!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Running_Coder

Doug - Hopefully something happens for you very soon for a smooth transition between jobs so you won't be laid off for long.  The company you are interviewing with now by Midway airport, is it for the same thing you do currently?