Beginners and Beyond

Hey Sole Train! (Read 355 times)

KreegSauceRuns

Thanks, Phil.  I second your nomination.  I'm going to let Bob know that you'll take over.  Thank  you for doing this.

Good luck to you all!

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

irakanji

Hey baboon.  Thanks for taking over being the captain of the team.  How is the knee progressing?

Mile     7:35     5K     26:52     10K     56:23     Half     2:00:38

delicate flower

Hey baboon.  Thanks for taking over being the captain of the team.  How is the knee progressing?

I could not be doing any better at this point (four weeks past surgery), thanks for asking.  I'm looking at 10 more weeks until I can start running again.  I had strung together a bunch of 50 mile weeks prior to my injury and I'm hoping to get back there by the fall.

<3

runwell3

Hey Nathan,  you've been a great captain and an inspiring team mate.  Always enjoyed reading your posts & learned much from many of them.  You ( and your huge miles!) will be missed.  Good luck with all the challenges on your horizon!

Enjoy every moment with Gemma,...time flies by so fast.

Phil,  so glad you offered to be captain.  Nathan has left the sole train in good hands....so, i'm guessing that your injury has put you on snow shoveling reserve as well?  You've picked the perfect winter for rehabbing that knee!

slowrunningjulie

Nathan, as I think you are learning, a new baby is WAY harder than running ultras! :-) Thank you for being such a great captain!

Phil, you are a great choice for our new engineer! Now you can spend all of your free time on IR cheering the rest of us on.

Firmly in taper mode here. I have *miles* scheduled for this weekend, but I don't know how many. I was originally thinking 4 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday, but the forecast is predicting craptastic weather, and frankly, I am not interested in suffering during my taper. We'll see how it goes.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

irakanji

Im in taper mode also this week.  Have a race on saturday.  Finished this week with 20.4 miles.

Wish everyone well in their upcomming races.

Mile     7:35     5K     26:52     10K     56:23     Half     2:00:38

slowrunningjulie

8 miles today for a grand total of 12 this week. My marathon is next week, and then I probably won't run for a week or two after that, just to give myself a little vacation. I will keep you posted!

Upcoming:

Kristi_G

Good running week for me last week, 24.9 miles which is my personal best.  Ran a 5k with my daughter today, 4th and last in a winter series, and set a new PR by about 2.5 minutes, so that made me happy.  Smile

Hi team, I posted zero again this week and I'm out of commission until the end of May. Turns out my sledding accident fractured 3 lumbar vertebrae, with two having 50% height loss. So much for my joie de vive spirit! I've been ordered to wear a full torso brace for 3 months - 24/7. Once I'm up for it I can walk all I want as briskly as I can manage provided both feet do not leave the ground at the same time. Pretty bummed here. I want to stay on the team and stay connected, but should probably go to injured reserve. How do I do that?

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

slowrunningjulie

Hi team, I posted zero again this week and I'm out of commission until the end of May. Turns out my sledding accident fractured 3 lumbar vertebrae, with two having 50% height loss. So much for my joie de vive spirit! I've been ordered to wear a full torso brace for 3 months - 24/7. Once I'm up for it I can walk all I want as briskly as I can manage provided both feet do not leave the ground at the same time. Pretty bummed here. I want to stay on the team and stay connected, but should probably go to injured reserve. How do I do that?

Oh no! I am so sorry. I think you contact aplodder and the other game organizers and let them know that you need to go on IR.

My marathon is this weekend! Whooo hoooo! I am excited!

Upcoming:

Good luck on your marathon Julie!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

You Rang?

Oh no!  That really sucks!

I DNSed the 5k that I was supposed to run last Sunday.  I was stuck in New England and could not come home due to the weather.  The plane what was supposed to fly me home from Boston never arrived, so they cancelled my flight.

Rick

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

slowrunningjulie

My marathon was awesome! I shaved off 37 minutes from my last time and had fun. The weather was cold and windy, but at least it did not rain.

I will either be posting a zero for this week, or maybe 4-5. I am taking a little post-marathon break. I will start back at it next week with a reverse taper to build mileage back up.

Upcoming:

You Rang?

WOO HOO!  Slow Running Julie runs faster!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

slowrunningjulie

WOO HOO!  Slow Running Julie runs faster!

LOL, true, but I am still pretty dang slow. Smile

We put up some decent miles this week! We went up in the rankings. Good job team!

Upcoming: