Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Sleepyhead Penguins!! (Read 21 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pengs !!!

Thanks for the start, HsM.

Enjoythe  Running RD, Rach.

Are you running soon, Zel?

Hope the Hokas work out, Brilliant.

Glad the legs are better, Jack.

Hubby catch a cold in Chicago, Docket?

Scotty, is your commute better now?

After 2 SRD's and 1 URD, we are running this afternoon, even if it means going to the indoor track. Haven't done that in a long time.

obiebyke

Morning! I thought about starting the thread earlier but got shy for some reason. Had an awesome run yesterday. RD today.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Jack, yes, my Ravennas have always been a full size bigger than my normal size.  And they'd never given me any trouble until the marathon, and then this weekend.  Thinking about it...it's the exact same pair.  I rotate shoes; this pair was fairly new in March and obviously more broken in now - I wonder if they are slightly "off"?  And darnit, I just noticed in looking at my equipment log here on RA, that these are Ravenna 4s; previously I'd worn Ravenna 2 and 3; maybe there was a change.

I used the Ravennas for a while and the same thing happened to me.  Fine until they were not.

And I said maybe.  I am probably just going to go home after Pilates, serve myself a glass of wine and veg some more.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Brilliant, which Hokas were you thinking of again?  I prefer the Cliftons and Bondis.  The others never feel that good on my feet (but I still use them).  I ran Chicago in my Cliftons (pic in my RR).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - hope you get caught up on sleep.  We had one of those restless nights on Sunday.

Rach - good job with the early start.  Where will you run this winter, on a treadmill?  I can't imagine trying to run outdoors in an Alaskan winter.

Z - can you do some cross-training?  i.e. get on a bike or do some yoga/pilates to stretch out?

Brilliant - congratulations on the PR.  Sounds like it is time for new shoes, if you've had them since March.  Do you keep track of mileage?

Jack - hurray for healed legs.  Maybe the massage helped?  My hammies and butt were very sore yesterday when I ran and I thought about you.  I could run, but I sure felt it afterwards.

Scotty - I'm glad you're enjoying your new space.  Enjoy your afternoon runs.  Hurray for autumn coolness.

D - sorry your husband is sick.  Enjoy your pilates this evening.

sapf - is your husband one of those who goes out with no training and does irritatingly well?  Have fun training with him.

Lauren - thanks for checking in.  I'm glad the surgery was quick and easy.  Good luck with recovery.

Jerry - are you getting hit by the big storm system that's stretched out across the mid-west?  Have a good run.

obie - what made yesterday's run so awesome?  Enjoy your rest today.

AFM:  really windy here, but warm.  DH had bloodwork this morning, so we went out for a big Dennys brunch afterwards.  When the pancakes wear off, I'll go for a short recovery run.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning! I thought about starting the thread earlier but got shy for some reason. Had an awesome run yesterday. RD today.

You?  Shy?? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, HsM.  Glad you were able to get a walk in, even if it was sleepwalking.

I can relate to waking up at 4:30 a.m., Rach, have to do that here when Texas summer hits.   But now with the cooler weather,  I can be a PM runner again, yay!  Enjoy your insanity workouts.

4-mile walk does not sound like a rest day to me, Z!  At least you're moving again.  Bet it won't be long now before you are back to your old running self.

Glad your toes are behaivng again and feeling better, Brilliant.  Thought you might have to go get a toe-job.

Sounds like you are becoming your old self again, Jack.  Happy running!

Hope your hubby feels better, Damaris.  Physician, heal thyself.

Glad your surgery went well, Lauren.  Yeah, mesh...I got a big ole hunkin' one across my whole abdomen.   I'm just a big mesh....  Nice that the hernia was tiny....will probably allow you a speedier recovery.

Yeah, Jerry, much better commute now.   And we are in a brand new building, just built.   Although I  don't have a window view in this building like I did in the last one, but that's okay, it's nice to be back on campus.

Congrats on your awesome run, obiebyke!  No reason to be shy among friends!

Yeah, that's the way, Ginny, fast for the bloodwork....and then start raising the cholesterol levels again!    Hope your post-pancake miles went well!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hello pens! Back from surgery, doing fine so far. The hernia was tiny, 1.5 cm, and they didn't have to use mesh for the repair. Tried to take off my oxygen mask to tell them they did a good job on the way out of the OR, lol. Follow up appointment in 2 weeks!

Glad it went well.  Just don't stand up too fast.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Wet 4 for us.  Kind of hard to see the path with all the wet leaves, but we stayed on our feet.

obiebyke

I know. So true.

It was one of those runs that's pain free and I find myself speeding up just because it's fun.

You?  Shy?? 

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)