Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Doug, that sounds like an opportunity to eat free food and drink free alcohol. Wink  Enjoy!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Good morning.  Happy Sunday.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Whoever turn the furnace off and gave me 90F heat index and 77DP at 5am for my MP run can suck it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Good run today.  19 miles.

I have now ran more miles in the month of September than all of June, July, and August.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Cross posting from a few different places:

Chicago is 4 weeks out now. Now to figure out how to taper and if I even will. My charity group is using Higdon plans so the supported runs are as follows

4 weeks out (this weekend) 14 miles, I ran 19
            3 weeks out (next weekend) 20 miler
            2 weeks out 12 miler
            1 week out 8 miler

I will be running the 20 miler on Friday since we are camping next weekend. I might turn the 12 into a 15 and stick with the 8 miler @ 1 week out. I can easily add miles on the routes and still be able to use the planned water stops we put out so adding miles is not too much of a big deal.

THOUGHTS?????????

I am just running for a finish this time out, no PR in my legs this time out although today's run shows that I should be able to bring it in in 4:45 - 5:00. 3 weeks ago I would have been happy to stay ahead of the 6:30 sag wagon but now I think I have a good shot at sub 5.
            MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Afternoon. Stomach acted up very early this am. Glad it finally cooperated.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Doug, it sounds like a good plan.  Run 12 but if you feel up to it, do 15, do the 20 and you'll be ready to finish.

I ran 3 with hubby this afternoon.  All my soreness left, mostly because we were running 15mm miles.  But it's his longest ever since his shin splints bout, so yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Marjorie, hope you feel better.

Doug, I replied in our team thread.

Damaris, sounds like he's getting over the hump.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

D, did you recommend the shin splint exercises to him?

Docket_Rocket

D, did you recommend the shin splint exercises to him?

First thing I did!  He does the heel raises every day.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Day 6 of 7 at work.  Ugh.  Tired of working 7 day stretches and rotating shifts.  Screw it.  I'm resigning and moving to a beach in the Caribbean to sell tee shirts on the beach.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

My grandmother died last night.  We did not have a close relationship but it was somewhat unexpected.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Sorry to hear that Damaris.

Damaris, sorry to hear that.  Did she live in PR? Was she sick, or was it just from old age?  May she rest in peace.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Shooting at the Naval Yard according to the news.  Gunman might still be at large.

Get Team Gibbs on the case and the guy will be caught.