Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: All The Better To Eat You With My Dear (Read 65 times)

Mostly harmless

Morning!  I have a recovery run tonight with the running group, followed by beer.  In fact, all our meetings should end with beer, right?

Work and court today, so I gotta split!

No arguments from me. Beer good!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

This run will put me > the 340 mark for the month, which is a PB for me!

Holy $&@# you are a rock star.

Plan to run at lunchtime at work today. Sadly I do not expect it to be followed by beer. Mid-40's & rainy, hopefully by then it will be only a drizzle & not a downpour.

Dave

robinde

Good morning everyone!  You guys amaze me.  Someday I hope to grow up and be like you.  No run today.  Unless I can start getting my bum out of bed before 4am, I'll not be able to workout on Tuesdays until the school year ends.

@runjerseygirl

Kay - I love the early morning quiet in my house too.  Enjoy your run today. When do you start officially training for your HM? 

Sunday was when I really started getting myself prepared for training.  Mondays are rest days on the plan I'm following, so today is my first real training run.

I'm doing a novice plan, so it will be very basic and slow building of miles.  I feel like that's what I'm going to need if I'm going to keep my foot and knee happy.

Do you even run?

StepbyStep-SH

Even though the family is awake, I still treasure my 15 minutes with a cup of coffee before we rush out the door.

I'm hoping to have time to fit in 8 miles with some 5k pace fartleks between dropping DS off at school and the start of my strength training class. I am also (again) getting back to using MyFitnessPal to try to make myself accountable for what I eat.

Basya — Glad to see you do (almost) take it easy occasionally. Sleeping in is a nice treat.
            Lily — You are less than 10 days out from a marathon, and running 40+ miles over the course of 3 days. Can I be you when I grow up?
            Baboon — Sounds like you are ready for surgery, with a jumpstart on rehab.

Everyone else - Hello, enjoy your runs, enjoy your coffee/tea/beverage of choice, and make it a great day!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mostly harmless

Sunday was when I really started getting myself prepared for training.  Mondays are rest days on the plan I'm following, so today is my first real training run.

I'm doing a novice plan, so it will be very basic and slow building of miles.  I feel like that's what I'm going to need if I'm going to keep my foot and knee happy.

Awesome!  Enjoy the journey. It will be fun to follow your progress.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

@runjerseygirl

Awesome!  Enjoy the journey. It will be fun to follow your progress.

Thanks! Smile

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

Stiff this morning, but happy I got three in last night. Thankfully today is an official rest day. Heidi, congrats on your insane mileage!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Dailies.

I got in 4.8 miles this morning.  This run put me at a PB monthly miles total and exceeded my goal for the month.  I have a few more planned to finish out the month.  I have been pleased with the January progress.

RMTB: that is a huge accomplishment, congrats!

Kay: good luck with your HM training.

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Which plan, Kay? I have a 10 mile race in June that Iplan to do the Hal Higdon Novice 1 HM plan to train for it. The longest training run in the plan is 10 miles, so I figure it is appropriate for a 10 mile race. First I need to be able to run at all again though...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

Which plan, Kay? I have a 10 mile race in June that Iplan to do the Hal Higdon Novice 1 HM plan to train for it. The longest training run in the plan is 10 miles, so I figure it is appropriate for a 10 mile race. First I need to be able to run at all again though...

I'm using the HH Novice 2.  Longest run is 12 miles.

Do you even run?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! 8.6m w/10x400s@ R pace (VDOT 49 6:00 pace) w/400 recoveries. Did 400s on TM with warm-up and cooldown to/from gym. Plan was for 12x, but got out of house late this morning. Good thing Daniels says I can do 10 or 12.Smile

Some of you guys put up big mileage back-to-back days.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

looking forward to hearing about your training! I may be using that one to train for my October half, which will be my first. Good luck!

I'm using the HH Novice 2.  Longest run is 12 miles.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Supp crew!

40 minute threshold run done.  I averaged a 7:31 pace which strangely, began to feel "easy" around the twenty-five minute mark.

Easy might not be the best word but I felt I could pick up the pace a little.  I resisted the urge to turn it into a progression run however, since that was not the intent of the run.

It will be interesting to see how this same workout plays outside.  Anyhoo, 7 miles total in 55:00.

BruceD555

Must ... find ... more ... coffee

Morning all, I'm moving sloooow this morning and sure hope the coffee kicks in soon.

LRB - Thanks for starting the dailies again ...man you are on the ball.

KayPS - I'll take a six pack of those mugs please.

flarunner - Surprisingly, our high temp today is almost going to match your early morning temp. Except it's miserably foggy, drizzling and winter-ugly outside still. Have a nice 5 miles.

BasyaSpiliakos - I really almost considered going back to bed this morning - envious of your extra 2 hour sleep in.

Baboon - Great news on your range of motion. How does this pre-op ROM compare to your last ACL surgery? Hopefully this time your recovery is smooth.

Sparker1606 - Enjoy that run after work ... well, enjoy it as much as possible for TM time.

runmomto3boys - Have a great 12-13 ... I know you'll do 13 - you're a machine! That's some AWESOME mileage for the month!! Congrats on the new PR.

happylily - Have a good 12 miles this evening ... I hear you on the lack of spring in the legs - I'm feeling the same way this morning. Oh well, some of my best runs have come after getting through the first mile on "tired" legs. Also, I agree with Heidi, you are amazing at how quickly you recover from a race.

kristin10185 - ENJOY that coffee today! Good job on getting in the early workout - even if it was shorter than you would have liked.

Docket_Rocket - Enjoy your group run this evening.

ImNotScott - Have a good 8 and moving the rest day sounds like a good plan for your tune-up race on Friday.

I have a leisurely 8 miles planned for this evening with 10x100 strides thrown in for giggles. Even though the temperatures are warm today I just don't look forward to running outside in drizzle/rain/fog. Instead, I'll probably hit the indoor track on campus and hopefully will be able to kick down the pace and not race those college kids. (I don't like getting passed)

Train smart ... race smarter.