Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDailies (Read 40 times)

I very much agree, and was incredibly pissed this morning when I didn't have time to make it to eat at home, so planned to make some at work.  Got to work and the hot water thing was not working, so I had to microwave it.  Then I had to deal with a phone call so it was cold and the consistency of cement by the time I got a chance to eat it.  Apparently oatmeal was just not to be today for me.

Sad!

I eat oatmeal every weekday at work for post-run breakfast. I eat the prepackaged oatmeal-in-a-cup thingies, with fruit & nuts already in them, which I think are actually pretty good. Then I usually add almonds to it (regardless of what's already in it). Many times I've also had to deal with cement-meal due to some stupid work thing getting in the way. I still eat that shiz though.

Exception to oatmeal is when I have insomnia and eat breakfast at home at 3 or 4 AM. Which happens more often than I'd like. Then I have my weekend breakfast of toast with almond butter.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Run/row at OTF and I won the reps for the class (female winner, the guy did one more rep than me).  It was 0.25 run/200m row as many times as you could.  I had to run all out (7:30mm) to be able to stay in the competition and to get to the orange zone.  2.25 miles and I'm done for the day, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

We got 1-2 inches of snow this afternoon, which turned my usual 30 minute commute into over an hour. Fortunately nothing crazy on my way home, although some idiot on the other side of the road hit a big yellow snowplow. Short jog on the treadmill.

oldfartrunner

Got the 5 in plus injury prevention weights, so the 58 is official. Wore my Garmin to see what kind of recovery pace I'm running: 5:06 @ 9:02, 129' gain. So not too bad, only about 20 seconds off my morning easy run usual average. Smile

Nice job Damaris!

HC: I guess they didn't see it.  Probably some OldFart.

Cyberic

Back from the office party. As predicted, fun was at the pub before. When I got to the party they only had commercial beer, a blonde and a red. I had a red and after the 3 pints of IPA from the pub, it tasted aweful. So I had water and coffee afterwards. The good part is I'll be ok for my run tomorrow.