Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies - Go, DaveP, Go! (Read 48 times)

No, I don't. I like having a rest day.

But, it does make sense to me to do it this way - it lets me keep my volume up while allowing more recovery - especially when I am racing frequently, I can shorten my runs leading up to the race but still get in the miles. I usually have at least one 5 mile day which is physically almost as good as a rest day. Not as much mentally but... I do think during MRT it made those 70 mile weeks easier to manage.

Makes sense. That's one thing about Pfitz too - he takes his recovery days seriously. I previously did not do anything less than 7-8 in MRT before; this plan had a ton of 5-6 milers. Of course interspersed with all the MLRs and whatnot. The short days had the additional benefit to me of an extra hour or so of sleep.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Left Rocky home tonight, Jetta and I got in another 4.1 miles with Dorian asleep in the stroller.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

congrats dave!

any running pr is always welcome...a pr in the marathon is especially sweet - as so much is out of your hands...the hard work paid off...enjoy your recovery.

marathon pr - 3:16