Beginners and Beyond

SUN ... SUN ... SUNDAILIES! (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

Not sure what is going on, but I cannot get to the last page in this thread without being rerouted back to the forums.  Maybe this post will fix it?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Not sure what is going on, but I cannot get to the last page in this thread without being rerouted back to the forums.  Maybe this post will fix it?

This was happening earlier too - something about spam getting removed and wrong post counts, etc.  See this thread for more details.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!  Eric sure is on top of things!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Thanks!  Eric sure is on top of things!

Yep!!

hog4life

Zel, don't fret over them splits, they are very good. I think it's normal for us to fade a little. When you first posted I was thinking much more than 20-25 seconds. You did fantastic!! No way around it girl Smile

LRB

Thanks!  Eric sure is a BAMF!

FYP!  Cool

Hip Redux

Well, the snow melted off pretty quickly because the morning temps warmed enough to turn everything to rain. Then, for some strange reason around noon the skies partly cleared and this big yellow object appeared in the sky. I'm not quite sure what it was but it seemed to bring cheer and warmth.

I think the only reason the sky cleared was because of the 30 mph winds that blew every cloud out of the state. Anyway, the temp jumped up to 44 so I hit the road with shorts, a tee shirt & arm warmers for my 17 miles. Ticked them off at a 7:56 average pace ... well faster than I should have but I don't really do well with tapering. .

Nice job to the racers & I'll be back for personals after I get something to eat. Later folks.

I'm glad the golden orb made an appearance!

Does anyone really taper well?  lol

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all.  Just checking back in after my run.  I felt really good, and it was a gorgeous day to run.  I even got a pretty good sun burn!  I ended up running about 1:29:45 (thought I was a little closer, but apparently that was because I didn't stop my watch), so a touch faster than the 1:30:00 pace, but still not bad.  My body seemed to hold up well - yay!  I had a group of about 8-10 runners for a lot of the race, but many faded over the later mile hills.  I did have the 2nd place female finish with me, and the top lady also ran with us for the first 6 or 7 miles.  Pacing really is fun, and I'm glad I got to do it.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

Hey all.  Just checking back in after my run.  I felt really good, and it was a gorgeous day to run.  I even got a pretty good sun burn!  I ended up running about 1:29:45 (thought I was a little closer, but apparently that was because I didn't stop my watch), so a touch faster than the 1:30:00 pace, but still not bad.  My body seemed to hold up well - yay!  I had a group of about 8-10 runners for a lot of the race, but many faded over the later mile hills.  I did have the 2nd place female finish with me, and the top lady also ran with us for the first 6 or 7 miles.  Pacing really is fun, and I'm glad I got to do it.

Sounds pretty perfect to me!

Sweet!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, SIAR!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awesome job pacing SIAR !

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

BruceD555

Just B.S.- Sorry to hear you're my weather twin again … I wish we’d just settle into one season and quit flitting back and forth. Have a good long run today & I didn’t realize you were a month out from your race. Mine is now 2 weeks away so I should be in full blown taper madness within the week.

Sparker1606- Nice temperatures for you today & I hope you’re continuing to feel better. I agree, spring has to be here soon.

Baboon- Lazy dog days are good … at least once in a while.

DaveP MI- Yep, I’m in Wisconsin and have already signed up for Milwaukee – did that the day the registration opened. That’s my fall goal race so I have high hopes for it.

LRB- Nice job on the 12 miles today … after that blistering 5k yesterday! I hate gloves … it’s a sign of winter.

BasyaSpiliakos- Nice work today on the push-ups, abs, weights and LR – great job on the miles too!! It’s amazing how the training pays off in unexpected ways. You put in good training for Jerusalem and look how it kicked in your pace on the 14 miles today. Congrats!

Docket_Rocket- Sorry you’ve got to face the constant heat & humidity, but nice work in getting in the 8 anyway.

Oski- Sounds like you’ve had a fun day, pancakes, friend time, shopping, new running clothes & pedi as well.

AprilRunner- Nice job on the 5 miles and even getting to roll down the arm warmers after 2. Also, it’s a good thing you shopped before the run because I’d have gone ape crazy and filled the cart after running because of being hungry.

Zelanie- Congrats on the race today and those splits aren’t that bad at all!! (Nice article by the way)

Rubybaby43- Yep, I heard the twin cities got 8-10 inches and in my book they can keep it. I actually love the snow and don’t mind running in it … in December, or January … or even February, but my FM is in 2 weeks and the last thing I want to do is run in slippery conditions right now. Good job on those miles today in the wind … it was brutal here too!

GC100k- Sorry to hear the race was so close and of all that’s gone on. Goals are important for me to keep looking ahead and not slip into a “routine” so maybe picking up a couple of short-term attainable ones, a couple of more challenging mid-term ones and then a conditional long-term might help bring things back? Just a thought.

kristin10185- Good job on the recovery 3 today and finding out the potential skirt problem before it became a real problem in a race.

MarjorieAnn3137- Love your caption, BTW. Another phenomenal double digit day for you! Maybe you’re an insane animal beast? Wink

Robert31320- Remember to take it easy on Monday after the rest. I find myself cranking up the pace without even trying.

Rondog65- Good work on the 11 today. I find that it’s the 2nd day after speedwork that my legs start to feel it so make sure to take it easy tomorrow. Also, the nice easy pace you ran today probably did wonders to help speed your recovery … just sayin’.

Scottydawg- I’ll have to jump over to read your RR, the pictures didn’t come through for me in this thread. You sir, are a racin’ fool Wink

So_Im_a_Runner- Nice work on the pacing … and that finish time would be PERFECT. Did you manage to keep things relatively evenly paced throughout or try to bank a little bit before the hills?

Train smart ... race smarter.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks guys! Bruce...I was really even, and just kept my pace on the hills. A few folks came back to me on the downhill, which I was happy to see, but most did fade a little. I think the warmer temps probably got to people too. We didnt wear bibs, but I would have been 20th overall, so it wasn't too fast of a field. The winner did 1:11:09 though, which is crazy fast considering he was by himself.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

BruceD555, awesome seventeen-miler.

B-Plus, I hope that your toe heals soon.

SIAR, I'm glad that pacing went well and that you feel OK.

Ab work, a quick warm shower to relax before bed, and foam rolling of the bottom of my feet are done. I'm lying in bed with my toe separators on my feet for a few minutes.

Good night, everyone.