Beginners and Beyond

Live from New York, it's the Saturdailies! (Read 45 times)

15 done.  Enjoying a nice bowl of cereal before my shower. Smile

Just after mile 11, a girl in a high school cross country shirt flagged me down and challenged me to a race, maybe 100m.  I said OK, but boy was I stiff.  She didn't beat me too badly, though.  Her friends were all there taking videos.  Maybe I'll be youtube famous by the end of the day: "High school runner outsprints old lady who is carrying everything but the kitchen sink and just ran 11 miles."

I am still proud of myself for outkicking a young girl to pass her up at the very end of my 5k in Feb. Although of course we had both just run the same distance. And when I say young - I checked the results and saw she was in the 10-14 AG. So she might have been in high school.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

This is what happens when you are known by the entire fuckin internet. lol

Haha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I am still proud of myself for outkicking a young girl to pass her up at the very end of my 5k in Feb. Although of course we had both just run the same distance. And when I say young - I checked the results and saw she was in the 10-14 AG. So she might have been in high school.

Way to go.  I think. lol

Now THIS is a game.

Dave

Excellent.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I had a friend who was chicked by a young girl in a 10K. I think she was 9. Of course she was also the OA women's winner and this was a tune-up for running the Broad Street 10M the next day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.