Beginners and Beyond

If this doesn't capture the spirit of competition, I don't know what does (Read 153 times)

Love the Half

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That's got to be the first time I've seen a 60m race come down to a finishing kick.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Hip Redux

Come from behind victory!

I think one is a gazelle and one is a glider...guess who won! Wink

Overcoming sarcoidosis one step at a time...

Gator eye

Kind of a slow starter but once he got those legs going there was no stopping him.Cool

GinnyinPA

Shows what happens with fast turnover.  Short steps, but lots of them.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

That was great. I can only hope I will be able to do that someday. Thanks, LtH.

tracilynn

Cool

<3

~~~~~~~

Traci

Supersono99

They're so cute.

LRB

He toyed with him, it was in the bag the entire time.  ; )

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I like how they're so competitive that they don't even shake hands immediately.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

I wonder how many rest days followed that run.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

MrNamtor

These guys are fast man. I'm guessing that they are by some criteria better runners than anyone on this thread

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I had to watch twice to make sure I wasn't one of the contestants.

OK, not quite yet, but give me 10-30 years and I WILL be in that race.

I will note that the skinny grandfather beat the somewhat heavier grandfather. But not by much!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Love the Half

Both of these guys were 90+ which shows that you don't have to stop just because you get older.  Fits in very nicely with my long term running goal.  There was a 90 year old who ran 6:35:47 in the Marshall University Marathon in Huntington, WV last year.  It set a world record for 90 year old males.  Maybe I can make it my goal to beat that time.  Smile

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).