Beginners and Beyond

Running blogs (Read 96 times)

Nevrgivup

Do you guys follow any running blogs? I've just discovered so many that I LOVE. I have a link that I will link to the most popular running blogs of 2013.http://runningbloggers.com/50-best-running-blogs-nominated-by-a-readers-choice/ I just discovered this one http://fueledbylolz.com from D2theEnd. (Dave) I LOVE her story. She is amazing.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Dad on the run.

My new years resolution is to get mine up and running! Once I do the URL will be dadontherun.com if it isn't taken.

The long term goal is to have my normal blog, day to day happening with my running and weight lifting, weight loss, etc.... Then what I really really want to happen is to be able to get a review portion going for things that will make a parents life easier with any sort of exercising.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Most definitely runblogger.com.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I enjoy running blogs a lot. There's one called "shut up and run" that I have followed for awhile. I have gotten into reading them lately and even started one of my own this year (shameless self promotion: it is linked at the bottom of my signature). I planned to start it this year mostly to post race reports as I had planned on doing one HM each month and qualifying for Half Fanatics, as well as running 9 NYRR races to qualify for the 2015 NYC Marathon and thought it would be fun to post in a place other than just this forum so friends and family who were interested could read them.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Just B.S.

I used to follow a lot of blogs (running and craft )and kept my own for about 2 years. They can be very

inspirational but when I started doing full marathons and then tri's I found I either didn't have the time

or was too tired after working all day then doing my workouts, plus regular life stuff.

Last year I decided to make more time for reading books so I deleted all the blog links and my news feed

so I wouldn't be tempted to read them instead. Went cold turkey and it was hard Smile

cloark

I did a very quick scan through the list, and by my count there are 47 blogs by women, 2 by men, and one where I couldn't determine a gender.  I may have miscounted by one or two, but I found it interesting that the vast majority of the blogs are from women.  Is blogging really that much of a female thing?

Nevrgivup

I did a very quick scan through the list, and by my count there are 47 blogs by women, 2 by men, and one where I couldn't determine a gender.  I may have miscounted by one or two, but I found it interesting that the vast majority of the blogs are from women.  Is blogging really that much of a female thing?

I noticed that too. I think women like to talk and share more. I wonder who did the voting for the blogs. I've visited many that weren not mentioned and they were all females. I know two men that blog irl.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not quite 50 in that list. Several were listed twice like Shut Up and Run. The blogs also seem to reflect, as expected since it's a readers poll, the type of runner who is more likely to read blogs. I didn't see a single blog listed written by a competitive or high level runner, yet I know there are some out there.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MothAudio

I consider the online forums as my blog. But after RWOL dumped it's history with the latest conversion I decided to transfer my race reports, training logs and several "how to" posts to a blog. The intended purpose of the blog itself wasn't to share with the general public but only a storage system for personal data. I don't follow any blogs.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Nevrgivup

Not quite 50 in that list. Several were listed twice like Shut Up and Run. The blogs also seem to reflect, as expected since it's a readers poll, the type of runner who is more likely to read blogs. I didn't see a single blog listed written by a competitive or high level runner, yet I know there are some out there.

George check this girls Blog out. She seems pretty competitive to me. http://fueledbylolz.com She is currently in the running to run Napa Valley. She is a high mileage runner and her PR's are nothing to sneeze at.  I like to read blogs like this because they are inspiring. Her back story is great too. She was a competitive swimmer turned runner in college and has many injuries throughout but has always comeback.

MTA: Her marathon time is not under 3 hours "yet" but I believe that that was her first marathon ever.

Dreamn

Thanks for the fueledbylolz blogger!  I love finding new running blogs/race recaps to read.  She's FAST!

Love the Half

I blog occasionally at a local racing site called tristateracer.com.  I don't do it regularly and my topics are quite varied.  I have blogged about running with Joanne, about running with my kids, about good races and bad races, about being a race director, about training, and other things.  It's kind of fun to put some extended musings into writing on occasion.  A couple of examples.

Here's my most recent entry:

Message to Resolutioners

Here were my thoughts after Boston

Boston

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Mmmmm...beer

George check this girls Blog out. She seems pretty competitive to me. http://fueledbylolz.com She is currently in the running to run Napa Valley. She is a high mileage runner and her PR's are nothing to sneeze at.  I like to read blogs like this because they are inspiring. Her back story is great too. She was a competitive swimmer turned runner in college and has many injuries throughout but has always comeback.

MTA: Her marathon time is not under 3 hours "yet" but I believe that that was her first marathon ever.

Hollie is an awesome person, and a great runner.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!