Beginners and Beyond

Oh, the Places You'll Go SaturDAILIES (Read 56 times)

happylily

Not yet? That sounds like a warning! Shocked You had a great run, LRB. You made the best of it and ended up with some pretty fast miles. I'd hate running on snow. Especially on speedwork day. Come run with me on my TM! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

YAYpril - B-Plus

Sorry, Rick. I think you did a great job salvaging the run. Better than bagging it. Smile

LRB

Not yet? That sounds like a warning! Shocked You had a great run, LRB. You made the best of it and ended up with some pretty fast miles. I'd hate running on snow. Especially on speedwork day. Come run with me on my TM! Big grin

I have never raced anyone on a treadmill, but there were several occasions back before I was a runner where I would not stop running until the person next to me stopped and got off their treadmill first.

Boy, that strategy can lead to some unexpected long runs!

Shari, sixteen miles and the house to yourself? Sounds heavenlySmile I hope that your fingers are OK.

SUSchnauzer, great job with the hilly run yesterday. I hope that your recovery run goes well.

SIAR, enjoy your group run.

BruceD555, have a great eight-miler.

Rick, have fun being speedy.

lilac_jive, I hope that your leg is better soon.

Phil, I'm happy to hear that you're exercising again. I hope that your dog is well soon.

Gustav, great that you ran six miles. I hope that your cold is gone soon.

Damaris, sixteen miles already? Damn!

Zelanie, enjoy your 5.4 with the canine company.

AprilRunner, brava in your workouts. You earned that delicious breakfast.

AmiK, I'm glad that you made it out they and that you enjoyed your run.

Zumba...it seems so fun. Good luck tomorrow, kristin10185!

Lily, beautiful run this morning. Good luck doubling.

wcrunner2, sweet paceSmile

MarjorieAnn3137, excellent job running 10.2 early. How is the pup doing?

Luke, I hope that your knee trouble ends soon.

Fuzzy, the group run sounds fun. I missed running with the group from my LRS this week.

Rick, I like how you made the best of something unexpected.

SRD for me. I walked six, maybe seven, miles to my lunch hosts. I went for another walk with the lady of the house and one of her neighbors. I needed the gentle movement. My legs are a bit sore. Fine, but walking down stairs is awkward. The feeling is like what I have the day after an unusually intense workout.

I don't know what to do tomorrow. I'll definitely do ab work and push-ups, but I'm used to going for a long run invthe morning, then lifting weights later in the day, on Sundays.

I feel better than I expected. 

Docket_Rocket

Great news, Basya.  Are you still in Israel?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

flarunner

Mornin' Peeplets!

Oh, wait... Afternoon Peeplets!

Looks like a whole bunch of people are doing some really good runs.

Did 10 miles this morning. 2 easy miles warm up and 2 easy miles cool down and a little 6.2 mile race in between. 53* at the start and then it started raining. I followed this one woman because she had on gloves. I could have taken her. Wink As it was I finished about 10 seconds in front of her.

Time: 45:03 1st AG (it pays to be an old woman) and 10th woman overall. Of course, the timing and the placing of all the women in the 10K was a huge FUBAR so those numbers will probably change. But that's what they called out so I'm taking it.

Have a great weekend everybody!

happylily

I have never raced anyone on a treadmill, but there were several occasions back before I was a runner where I would not stop running until the person next to me stopped and got off their treadmill first.

Boy, that strategy can lead to some unexpected long runs!

I used to run mostly at a gym the first few years. Mostly men ran there, not many women. I am so stupidly competitive that on days I was supposed to run easy, I ran fast because of some dude running beside me at a faster pace... It took me a long time, and more confidence in myself and my running, before I stopped looking at the machines next to mine. Now, I run alone. It works better for me. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brava, flarunner!!!

Damaris, I'm still in Israel. I'm leaving Monday morningSad

LRB

Did 10 miles this morning. 2 easy miles warm up and 2 easy miles cool down and a little 6.2 mile race in between. 53* at the start and then it started raining. I followed this one woman because she had on gloves. I could have taken her. Wink As it was I finished about 10 seconds in front of her.

Time: 45:03 1st AG

That's an awesome time, even if you have run faster before!

Lily that's funny!

Hi Basya, you have put in as many miles walking as you have running!

Rick, as my dad would say, G-d didn't give me two legs so that I could sit on my ass all day. I enjoy moving.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

15.4 miles @ 7:55/mile done, my last long run before the half in two weeks.  I am now refueling with coffee and girl scout cookies, mmmmm! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Runners!

Just sneaking a peek into the dailies thread to see how everyone's doing. I'm looking forward to about 3-4 miles on the treadmill tonight after I get home. Easy pace, nothing too strenuous. Just some healing miles.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey yourself LRB

BS meant to say congrats on your race.  Pups are doing well.  They "helped" me clean the house and fold laundry a bit ago.  Now they are being typical Bassets and taking naps while I'm upstairs in the office.  They are downstairs and all is quiet so I bet if I look down they are very much asleep cuddled up next to each other.

Marjorie

BruceD555

StepbyStep-SH- Sounds like you have quite the day planned. Nice job on getting those 16+ miles done in the cold. I opted to stay inside and drink coffee until the sun was high in the sky today. I agree stopping during a run just lets the cold sink in. (BTW, I’m typing this now with tingling fingertips left over from my run)

SUSchnauzer-Sounds like you had a good 8 miler yesterday! Enjoy your 3.2 recovery miles today and ordering your new Virratas.

So_Im_a_Runner- You’re on quite the tear on miles lately! Hope those 14 were nice and easy with the running store folks today.

lilac_jive- Hope that leg starts to come around for you.

Baboon- Sorry to hear of the med error with your pup. Sad Good thing you noticed and it sounds like the vet has things under control … I’m sure it’s not the first time they’ve had something like that happen. BTW, if you need some run-induced funk I could mail you a bunch of dirty clothes right now.

LRB- Yep, the same thing every weekend … oh look, it’s sunny outside and warm – nope, let’s just add in double digit winds to make sure you won’t enjoy that time outside. Nice job on improvising the speed work today and making the best of the situation at the track. (BTW, my run was in a cloud-free sunny sky … I'm guessing that all the clouds are blowing into South Carolina by now)

Docket_Rocket- Ahhh, I’m glad you defined nice weather … I figured that you probably meant 80 with 80 percent humidity? Mid 50s would be PERFECT weather for me – that means shorts & tee. Nice job on the early 16.

Zelanie- Good job on the 7 with intervals last night … and toughing out the last ones. Enjoy your easy 5.4 miles today with the pooches.

AprilRunner- Good job on the 10 with your RP … and I hope you had a great time at breakfast together.

AmiK- Kudos for not giving up on the run before it started. I’ve had so many of those kinds of runs where the toughest steps are the first 20 that take you from the front door to the street…after that it just seems to all fall into place.

kristin10185- Zumba doesn’t sound like rest Wink Hope you have a great race tomorrow.

Happylily- Nice pace at the track this morning for the 10 miles … and a couple more cool-down miles for good measure! You’re scary fast lady!

wcrunner2- What a great run! Sometimes things just click when you finally get to run with someone after being stuck running alone for a while.

MarjorieAnn3137- Nice job on finishing the early 10.5 miles and it sounds like you’ve got a couple of spoiled pups there … good for you!

Luke79- Sorry your short run was disappointing, but good news on no pain in the knee!

Fuzzy- Good job on the group 10 miler this morning. Man, that’s the second group run that ended with breakfast this morning for the Dailies … I must run with wrong group.

BasyaSpiliakos- That’s fabulous news that your legs are feeling good … just remember to take it easy still and not push back too soon after the marathon. Enjoy the rest of your time in Israel and I hope you have a safe journey home.

Flarunner- Nice time at your 10k race this morning and AG win to boot!!! I was wondering why I hadn’t seen your post already and now I know. Woohoo!

Dtothe2nd- Mmmmm … coffee AND Girl Scout Cookies! Nice pace on the 15.4! You’re on schedule to knock that HM out of the park!

Well, I did something a bit strange for my planned 8 miles this morning. It was beautifully sunny outside but there was a gusty 10-15 mph north wind so I decided to loop back and forth on the east-west side streets. That started a game for me and I decided to try to run on EVERY block of EVERY street in our neighborhood. I was totally surprised because I still had about a half dozen streets left when I passed the 9 mile mark. In looking at my Garmin map, I would guess there’s another 6-8 miles left of side streets and cul-de-sacs left to do. Now I’m gonna have to plot things out and make sure I run ALL the streets in our town … oh yeah OCD kicking into overdrive right now. Wink

Train smart ... race smarter.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Bruce...thanks for all the personals! Nice work on your run too. It's amazing how far you can get with suburb weaving! One of these days I'm going to run so I spell something on my garmin.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn