Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #15 (Read 31 times)

RunningOnSand

10 miles that felt like a lot of work.

Back issues, still? Or just a hard run? Or maybe a combo?

RunningOnSand

Mine went 4 weeks on a single charge. Think I ran all but 3 days during that period.

PS, I ran on my Snow Trax (like rubber yak trax but no coil, and has the screw type things, instead) and it is amazing the grip it has on snow covered ice! I felt like you did the other day--sailing over the ice with no slip! It was pretty rad.

Back issues, still? Or just a hard run? Or maybe a combo?

The back only makes the first 1-2 miles rough. Mainly a combination of running on snow/ice/slush, and the fact that this was my first midweek double-digit run since before my last marathon.

Dave

From the Internet.

What happened with your pod?

Best guess at this point is that it was recording correctly, but Garmin was not displaying pace/distance data correctly due to corrupt GPS files. Will know better when I run outside again tomorrow! If it's normal again with the watch seemingly fixed for now, it was the watch fucking everything else up all along.

Docket_Rocket

Best guess at this point is that it was recording correctly, but Garmin was not displaying pace/distance data correctly due to corrupt GPS files. Will know better when I run outside again tomorrow! If it's normal again with the watch seemingly fixed for now, it was the watch fucking everything else up all along.

What happened to it to cause that?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

BTW, My disney HM was 13.93 miles with the Stryd. My friends who only had the GPS had 14.5.

Veering towards a character stop or a restroom in the parks add distance, but I never thought it would be that much.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

It would be weird to even look at the GPS file when you tell the watch to use pace from the pod, Stryd or any other pod. It's like Garmin would say it takes its data from the pod, but wait, I'll average it out with GPS data!

That is not how I would have programmed it.

GinnyinPA

I ran an easy 7 this afternoon. Sunny and 54 degrees. Winter is coming though: tomorrow 46, Friday 34, Tuesday 24.

onemile

I ran 6 with URP after work

RunningOnSand

What happened to it to cause that?

Inquiring minds want to know! (and we want to know if our watches are fucking everything up, too )

Half Crazy K 2.0

40 minutes on the treadmill, inhaling whatever furniture stain DH was using on the other side of the basement.

Docket, with the Disney GPS measurements, I wonder if it gets wonky when you stop & wait for pictures if autopause is turned off? I've left GPS on when I'm on the treadmill by accident and it usually bounces around from my house to maybe 2 houses away.

bluerun

Super B****

I am very sad to have arrived home. However, so did my custom dress, and it is definitely red! I haven’t tried it on yet though ... hope it actually fits

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

40 minutes on the treadmill, inhaling whatever furniture stain DH was using on the other side of the basement.

Docket, with the Disney GPS measurements, I wonder if it gets wonky when you stop & wait for pictures if autopause is turned off? I've left GPS on when I'm on the treadmill by accident and it usually bounces around from my house to maybe 2 houses away.

Mine didn't get GPS measurements, though. Mine come from the Stryd. But yes, I assume so.

Mine includes all that extra out of the course runs and character pics. Plus weaving around people. I think you can see the literal weaving on the map in Strava.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Inquiring minds want to know! (and we want to know if our watches are fucking everything up, too )

I honest to god don't know, lol. Garmin support live chat just looked at the last activity w/ bad GPS trace and had me delete a few files on the watch through my computer, then unplug and restart watch and GPS was perfect the next day (or, you know, at least within normal GPS expectations, like not showing me jumping over houses when there was no tree/building interference).