Beginners and Beyond

Candy report (Read 63 times)

Brilliant

I've had no candy, but did eat 2 expresso Gu things this morning.  Was the first time I ever tried anything while running.  They were damn good.

Yikes!  I've tried a couple different coffee flavor gels and thought they both tasted like squeezing wet coffee grounds into my mouth.    (and I'm a coffee fan).  For the best candy-like experience, I recommend Salted Caramel or PB Chocolate, and they both have caffeine, too!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Yikes!  I've tried a couple different coffee flavor gels and thought they both tasted like squeezing wet coffee grounds into my mouth.    (and I'm a coffee fan).  For the best candy-like experience, I recommend Salted Caramel or PB Chocolate, and they both have caffeine, too!

I'm not sure that the flavor was what was good.  I was so hungry when I opened the first one, anything might have been tasty.  I had been pondering the taste of wet leaves for a couple of miles.  I will have to try a few more flavors for sure.

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I don't think the Espresso Love gel tastes like coffee at all. It tastes more like caramel. One of the few I don't mind.