Beginners and Beyond

Cold Feet Penguins Mondailies (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Just missed the more miles than degrees club tonight. C25K W6D1 in a feels like of 3. First real run in 3 weeks! It was fun! But pattering on the ice does slow me down.

That was a good game Saturday Obie.  Did you stay for the whole game?

No Traci, I whined more than she did...she has wool socks.  I ordered some from RW.

tracilynn

Wool socks make a big difference. I ordered more today. I want some wool gloves too.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Wool socks make a big difference. I ordered more today. I want some wool gloves too.

I've been wearing ski gloves.  If I keep my hands clenched inside the glove for the first mile, they stay kind of warm.  I  ordered some mittens anyway.

From the Internet.

Did you read my post yesterday about the other group, Maffers?

I did! I was still on the fence yesterday but after doing more reading today I'm pretty much sold on trying it for a few months - having been plagued by injuries in the past, I'm intrigued by the possibility of being able to rack up miles while recovering quickly.

I'll request membership once I actually have my HRM in hand and am positive I'm going to give it a fair try - gonna order it tomorrow.

tracilynn

I checked the prices of the Tom tom HR WATCHES.  

~~~~~~~

Traci

obiebyke

It was! A lot of facepalm moments and some cheerable ones. We made it 3 quarters before dancing didn't keep our toes from going numb anymore.

That was a good game Saturday Obie.  Did you stay for the whole game?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

PADRunner

Got my new toy home and in the garage.Got to do m workout tonight.

Warmup 350m, 300m, 250m, 200m, 150m, 100m, with 400m walk between. Nice!

I'm going to have to disassemble it partially to get it in the house.

Docket_Rocket

They are comparable to the Garmins.  They are like the 910 and the 610 so they are similar in price.  However, the TomTom is actually cheaper than those Garmins.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

I use my iphone and digifit. There are other apps that you can use also.

Zelanie

Handwarmers inside mittens are a must.  So toasty!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got my new toy home and in the garage.Got to do m workout tonight.

Warmup 350m, 300m, 250m, 200m, 150m, 100m, with 400m walk between. Nice!

I'm going to have to disassemble it partially to get it in the house.

I bet your wife would prefer you leave it in the garage.  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

I bet your wife would prefer you leave it in the garage.  

Wife what wife?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wife what wife?

OK, your husband then...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt