Beginners and Beyond

Be a Millionaire Penguins WednesDAILY (Read 24 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon all. I've been hanging out with dh all day because he's "working" from home still. I don't think he could handle an enitre day in the office yet :/  I have to leave for work in a little bit and I'll try to get a run in afterwards. I'm interested in what his doctor will say on Friday.

Hi dr, Scotty, hsm, jack, hog, jerry, pad, and Ginny!!

Allison - good luck with the construction blues. Do you need to be there while they work? I would leave for my sanity at some point.

Lauren - are you going to continue down the academia pathway? My good friend gave up on it like 6 months into his post doc and became the medical director for a small consulting firm instead. I still have a couple of friends doing the post doc thing though.  My original plan was to do the idealistic teach in the inner city program for two years before going back for my phd... And then life happened I guess?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

Lauren - at least you'll have a paycheck.  A lot of grads don't have that to look forward to.  Good luck with defending your thesis.

Oh I'm not complaining - more like, I'll have plenty of time for running since I won't have the thesis hanging over my head and my boss is used to my middle of the day fitness shenanigans, haha. Not sure what life will be like when I move on from here in another year or so!

From the Internet.

Lauren - are you going to continue down the academia pathway? My good friend gave up on it like 6 months into his post doc and became the medical director for a small consulting firm instead. I still have a couple of friends doing the post doc thing though.  My original plan was to do the idealistic teach in the inner city program for two years before going back for my phd... And then life happened I guess?

Oof, I have no idea yet. On the one hand I kind of want to stick it out on the academic path and try to change the system from the inside, on the other hand if I go down another path I might wind up much happier and with a much better paycheck/benefits.

I really just want to run long distances and play with cats after burning out on a million years of school, but I can't really make a viable career out of that, haha.

Howdy All! Got a nice little upper body workout this morning.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K