Beginners and Beyond

HumpDay WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

GinnyinPA

I haven't talked about it, but I was never able to overcome the ankle injury I got in April. I've suffered a setback each time I've dialed up the intensity, so it ended up robbing me of fall training, and for all intents and purposes, took me out for the year. So no, I will not be there to eat with Jenny and Mr Onemile post-race for a third consecutive year.

I'm sorry.  I know you've been having problems, but didn't know how bad it was. I hope you are able to get it working again soon. What does your orthopedist/PT say?

LRB

I'm sorry.  I know you've been having problems, but didn't know how bad it was. I hope you are able to get it working again soon. What does your orthopedist/PT say?

I didn't go in this time. I needed a break from all of that.

I haven't talked about it, but I was never able to overcome the ankle injury I got in April. I've suffered a setback each time I've dialed up the intensity, so it ended up robbing me of fall training, and for all intents and purposes, took me out for the year. So no, I will not be there to eat with Jenny and Mr Onemile post-race for a third consecutive year.

Maybe you can heal up in time to jog a 3:25 at Martian and join the fun at Boston 2019.

Dave

LRB

Maybe you can heal up in time to jog a 3:25 at Martian and join the fun at Boston 2019.

Boston killed me. I have no desire to die there again. lol

That was awful.

Boston killed me. I have no desire to die there again. lol

That was awful.

Yeah I remember. You were in no kind of shape for that business. Was it still worth it?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB 

Docket_Rocket

Hey, what am I, chopped liver?

And Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Dave - 2300... Impressive!!!

LRB - Sorry to hear that.  I've been battling chronic injuries as well.  I'm giving up marathons and going into trail ultras.  Maybe give that a thought.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours