Beginners and Beyond

Running, Food, and Drink (Read 69 times)

PADRunner

Mmm Natto, it's what's for breakfast!

bluerun

Super B****

Mmm Natto, it's what's for breakfast!

I never heard of this before, so I Googled it.  "It is gooey and slimy, and also notoriously smelly, but it’s a nutritious and healthy food loved by a lot of Japanese people."

Um.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Robert31320

Team TJ

Bananas: I don't mind the taste, I just can't handle the texture for some crazy reason...

Watermelon: salted or not salted is fine with me.

Tomatoes and cucumbers must have some salt.  I eat a LOT of them.  Sometimes, I only eat these for days on end...

I'm actually a rather finicky eater, I just (unfortunately) eat a lot of the things I like.  It's only been a few years ago that I tried Mexican food for the first time.  I LOVE that now!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I just went all rebel and peeled my banana like a primate.  I don't get it, the end was a little soft so it was squishy, and it still has strings.  I guess I'll stick to the way Mama taught me.

Same!

watermelon: salted or no salt?

Fact:  I did not do salt on watermelon ever, until my trail-walk-with-some-half-assed-running-thing this year.  And it was like they should have never been apart when I saw the saucer of salt next to the slices.

happylily

Fact:  I did not do salt on watermelon ever, until my trail-walk-with-some-half-assed-running-thing this year.  And it was like they should have never been apart when I saw the saucer of salt next to the slices.

So, what you're saying is that trail running drives people to insanity, right? I knew it...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

So, what you're saying is that trail running drives people to insanity, right? I knew it...

Yup

StepbyStep-SH

So, what you're saying is that trail running is the pathway to the truth and the light.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Ah... That's why I have traveled on the path of darkness for so long. I do too much road and TM running...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Ah... That's why I have traveled on the path of darkness for so long. I do too much road and TM running...

There is no better feeling than being out on the trails, nothing the road has to offer compares.  Blasting down a hill or through a technical section makes you feel like a kid again.  You don't think about pace or mileage, all you think about is the trail in front of you, jump over that root, watch out for that rock, etc. Smile  If I could do my daily runs on the trails (without driving), I'd never run on the road again, except for races.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I do find trails very interesting.  The trail aspect does not give the mind time to get bored or wander.

The mental game seems much easier on the trail vs. the road.   However, the physical game seem much harder on the trail.

The good news is steady pace and trying to 'hold' race pace is almost non-existent.  Racing by effort is the rule.

Overall, I still love the pure speed of road racing,  but trail is a crap load of fun!