Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 58 times)

Everyone over the age of 30 should have at least one good Mai Tai story.

I don't believe I've ever had a Mai Tai. And I'm over 30, though just barely.

My alternate theory is that everyone at some point has gotten sick on Tequila.

I missed a lot of good discussion earlier. Sadly I actually had to work at work today.

Just wanted to say that in my marathons so far, my pace felt easy or at least reasonably comfortable every time. Until the point in each race when it didn't. I pretty much enjoyed them really, until that point. I'm guessing if I were able to run this next one, it would be more or less the same, based on how MP has felt in training.

And I disagree with George that your best marathon is not necessarily your fastest. My most evenly split marathon by far was #3. And I regressed significantly on that front in #4, but it was 12 min faster, so that became my best one, period. But all mine have been in the last few years. I can see that it might be different running over a period of decades, and age-adjusting your times.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think George was referring to your best executed marathon (best performance), which might not necessarily be your fastest.  But I guess it could have been your fastest that day.

Damaris

I think George was referring to your best executed marathon (best performance), which might not necessarily be your fastest.  But I guess it could have been your fastest that day.

What does best performance or best executed mean, if not fastest?

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

What does best performance or best executed mean, if not fastest?

When conditions are such that a PB is impossible or nearly so, e.g. my 3:00:59 at the Jersey Shore Marathon in January, 1972 where we had to run into a stiff shore wind the last 13 miles after the turn-around at Sandy Hook. While others were running massive positive splits (One friend who had run 2:52 at Boston when I ran my 2:54 PB, ran splits of 1:23, 1:45), I reached the turn-around at 1:29 and change, so my second half was 1:31 and change, near even splits under difficult conditions. I also moved up from 40th at the turn-around to finish 18th.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

Have you seen my newest thread..... 

Dammit, now I need to know what it was!!

cjones1

Dammit, now I need to know what it was!!

I had a chance earlier and missed it. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)