Beginners and Beyond

What's in your home gym? (Read 124 times)

Just B.S.

That's what I was thinking. Now how do you keep track of your miles?

Bike computer, same as when I'm on the road. Don't ask me which one or how it is set up.

I only know that it is wireless and will work off the back wheel. Other than that I know nothing!

Hubby takes care of all that.Smile

bluerun

Super B****

That's what I was thinking. Now how do you keep track of your miles?

I've banned myself from riding outdoors (I'm still traumatized from my accident), but I have a Garmin cadence sensor on my bike.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Jess runs for bacon

Bike computer, same as when I'm on the road. Don't ask me which one or how it is set up.

I only know that it is wireless and will work off the back wheel. Other than that I know nothing!

Hubby takes care of all that.Smile

I have one that I won from RW that I have yet to put on my bike, but lucky for me my friend owns a bike store and he said he'd do it. I just wasn't sure if they were set up for indoor workiness.

Just B.S.

I have one that I won from RW that I have yet to put on my bike, but lucky for me my friend owns a bike store and he said he'd do it. I just wasn't sure if they were set up for indoor workiness.

Cool!!!

Mine is one that I won from placing 1st in AG in a duathlon. I love free stuff, especially when it offsets the

price of registration.Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Cool!!!

Mine is one that I won from placing 1st in AG in a duathlon. I love free stuff, especially when it offsets the

price of registration.Smile

Nice!! Free stuff is the best Smile I got mine at the RW half, they had a basket raffle. As Rodale put it, I won the motherload. Bunch of bike stuff, Dick Beardsley signed shirt, and a bunch of goodies from Kathrine Switzer. It was a good day Smile

Trail Monster

Nice!! Free stuff is the best Smile I got mine at the RW half, they had a basket raffle. As Rodale put it, I won the motherload. Bunch of bike stuff, Dick Beardsley signed shirt, and a bunch of goodies from Kathrine Switzer. It was a good day Smile

I put like a million tickets in all those baskets and didn't win a single thing. It was still a really fun weekend though!

And I also have a bike computer set up to work off the back tire instead of the front. I like my trainer because I can put it upstairs or downstairs and hide it when not in use. The stationary bike took up way too much room in our tiny home gym and didn't get enough use to justify itself. Thankfully it was free (my ex found it in a storage locker at his work and they were just going to throw it out) so I didn't mind cutting it up and throwing it in the garbage.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Jess runs for bacon

I put like a million tickets in all those baskets and didn't win a single thing. It was still a really fun weekend though!

And I also have a bike computer set up to work off the back tire instead of the front. I like my trainer because I can put it upstairs or downstairs and hide it when not in use. The stationary bike took up way too much room in our tiny home gym and didn't get enough use to justify itself. Thankfully it was free (my ex found it in a storage locker at his work and they were just going to throw it out) so I didn't mind cutting it up and throwing it in the garbage.

I must have won all of yours! They did a really good job with the race, I can't wait to do the hat trick this year.

Anomalous

Treadmill

Foam roller

Yoga Mats/blocks/bands

Free weights

Kettle bell

Medicine ball

Total Gym (really good for stretching out muscles... not so much for growth IMO)

Resistance Bands

Stability ball

P90X/P90X2 DVDs

Pull up bar (door frame)

TV

Step box

Only reason I'd get a gym membership at this point is for Bikram Yoga.

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

No room in the current house for a home gym.

When we move I hope to have a room to call a home gym.

Netflix workout videos? I had no idea those were on there. Would you mind sharing the names of some of the ones you use and like?

i havnt done them in a while, most of em were kinda lame. I went to my instant queue and they are gone?????

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Someday I will have a home gym (again), hopefully when we move which should be within the next 2 years including this one.  I do have free weights, and work out DVDs, so I guess you could say the living room is my gym.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Fistmaster General

I have a foam roller under the table in the livingroom.  does that count?

"I... am a fucking moron." - MattM

I worked at home for a couple years and had a nice little office downstairs. It has been gradually morphing into a home gym. I now have a treadmill, stationary bike, resistance bands, a couple dumb bells, and a little TV in there.

runmomto3boys

Ummm, I have a yoga mat, DVDs, and a TV.  You guys are fancy!

happylily

Ummm, I have a yoga mat, DVDs, and a TV.  You guys are fancy!

Heidi, you and I are simple, low maintenance girls. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010