Beginners and Beyond

Peanut Butter and Jelly for Thursday Penguins (Read 22 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Never have liked jelly, Ginny, even when I was a kid.  And I don't like honey either, so no honey on my PB either.  The only way I eat 'honey' is when I eat my Honey Oats cheerios.

Congrats on getting in your 'something', Brilliant!  And having the patience to run on a track.

How hot is it, Damaris?    Sounds like an opening for a joke response.    Good luck with your miles.

Congrats on getting it done, Lauren!

Happy Maundy Thursday, HsM.  What does 'maundy' mean, anyway?

Congrats on the 10, Zelanie. Hope your meeting goes quickly so you can get in your 4.

Your leg muscle may just be having spasms from all the work you've been giving it. My muscles do that sometimes after a strenuous weight training session.  Probably means you gave it a good, quality workout.

"Cal Poly San Luis Obispo", wow, that's a mouthful, Jack.  That must have to be wrapped around the school's team uniforms.    Good luck with your recovery and enjoy your mountain time. Just don't go crazy and turn into this guy...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

FINALLY, got my aching tooth pulled this morning.  The numbness is wearing off now...

Mitch should be here in about a hour!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: To keep it short they just call it Cal Poly.

Robert: Sounds like a good time for a beer. Let's see some pics of y'all when hog gets there. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Scotty - how can you not like jelly?  Do you eat honey on your peanut butter?  Good job on the AG win yesterday.

Brilliant - most of my running has been without a schedule, but like Zelanie, I have a weekly mileage goal.  This marathon has been the first time I've actually stuck to a plan and I've done better than expected, mostly because I'm so worried about getting more injured, I don't play around with it too much.

Jack - when and how did you mess up your knee?  You've said you were hurt, but I thought it was still the ankle.  I hope you enjoy your time in the mountains.  Going to Big Bear?

Traci - try to massage your leg as much as possible.  I get twitchy feet at night sometimes and massage always calms them down.

Z - good job on last night's ten.  Good luck with your evening meeting.

Damaris - have fun on the TM.  Your cold spell didn't last very long.

Hopesmom - good luck learning your music for Easter.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the massage.

Lauren - good job on the GHMP run.  I'm glad it didn't really kill you.

AFM:  We're having a temporary warm-up here, with sunshine and temps in the mid-60s so I'll do 5 or 6 outside after we walk Ben.

It is not cold as much as an asthma bout coupled with bad allergies. It is still around but it won't leave until November so there is nothing I can do but tread carefully.  Stupid weather.  LOL.

Enjoy the 5-6.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

FINALLY, got my aching tooth pulled this morning.  The numbness is wearing off now...

Mitch should be here in about a hour!

Enjoy the FE!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Happy Maundy Thursday, HsM.  What does 'maundy' mean, anyway?

Honestly, I don't have the slightest idea!  I'm sure DH (being a long-time Presbyterian) has told me, but clearly I (a long-term Baptist) wasn't listening. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.